PDA

View Full Version : Scam Alert

John Holland
12-04-2018, 08:08 PM
To our members and followers: We have apparently become the target of a scam operation. One of our members posted that he was looking for a particular type of arm, and included his email address in the post. He subsequently received an email from the email address of "nobodyhayden (@) yahoo.com". I have separated this email address because I suspect we have been attacked by a robot type scam program harvesting live email addresses. Therefore, I think it would be wise to break-up your email address if you are inclined to post it here.

The scam email said that they had exactly what the OP was looking for and included photos and descriptions. Fortunately our N-SSA member was skeptical because the photos looked familiar. What he found, with some research on the BB, was that the photos and text had been "harvested" from a post that was some three years old, and was originally posted by a N-SSA member and was a legitimate post at the time. Because the N-SSA member who was looking to buy an item was not contacted by a PM, I suspect that the scammer is not registered to use this BB, hence the direct email contact.

I can only urge that you use as much caution as possible when contacted by an unknown party offering to sell you exactly what you are looking for. In addition to that, I do not know when or if this scam will show up as a post offering someone else's products. They would have be registered to do that, which we can then deal with appropriately.

John Holland

RaiderANV
12-04-2018, 08:12 PM
Great catch and Excellent info John!!

hobbler
12-06-2018, 06:34 AM
You know, that sort of thing really steams my clams.

On the interseine you, me, we the intended victims are the policemen.
When you see something like that set the hook and reel them in.
Get names and addresses, telephone numbers.
Be wise as serpents, harmless as doves and a watchman for your brothers.

OK, end of rant and apologies if I over stepped.
Please delete my post if I went too far.
Gotta go to work.

Ron The Old Reb
12-06-2018, 08:48 AM
A Great Man once said "Be A Kinder Gentler Nation" now look what we have become. It's getting to the point that you cant trust anyone.:(

jonniereb
12-10-2018, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the heads up!!