PDA

View Full Version : Lyman 450 Luber sizer problem, plug in bottom feel out.

WBR10654
11-02-2018, 06:40 PM
One of my Luber Sizers was leaking so I took it if the bench and the Plug at the bottom where the rod connects was failing out.

The part that fell out has a seal on it but it and the main casing are not threaded, so I am unsure how the thing stay in place in the first place.

There are "marks" on the edges spaced equal distance apart which make me think it was press in and then "thonked" around the edges to hold it in place.

This is the version of the 450 with the single Black Handle,,, not the Red One.

I looked at the parts diagram and it is not on there so I assume it is installed at te Factory and is not supposed to fall out.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

DPB

Muley Gil
11-03-2018, 12:29 AM
IIRC, there is supposed to be an "O" ring around that plug.

Ron The Old Reb
11-03-2018, 10:50 AM
Go to Lyman's web page and get there phone number and call them. They can tell you what to do to fix it yourself or if you need to send it back to them to have it fixed . They may even fix it at no charge, they are excellent at customer service.

WBR10654
11-04-2018, 05:20 PM
IIRC, there is supposed to be an "O" ring around that plug.

I just shot at the Last Chance and was told it is supposed to be "pressed in" and I have cleaned everything up to include removing the O-Rinfg and cleaning under it.

I was told you could WHACK in in but that seems like a Non-starter so now that is clean I am going to a shop with a Hydrolic press and so slowly see if I can get in back in, nothing I have at home such as a vise or clamps are big enough.

If that fails I will try the send suggestion and see iy Lyman can fix it for me.