PDA

View Full Version : Selling/Building Wood Gun Carts

Unionboy Mike
11-02-2018, 12:39 PM
The 1st Cart (Proto Type) Is Finally Completed. (Please see pics below in the comments).

I have decided to start building and selling Quality Wood Gun Carts. These carts will be custom built by myself here in Hagerstown MD. I am using pine to keep the cost low. They will be in the nature of $350 give or take. The prototype is still currently being built but hopefully will be completed in the next week. I am building these to help support the cost of Skirmishing. These carts are offered around half the price of other rifle/musket carts that I have seen on the internet or other various places. Please let me know if you are truely interested and I will have pics after the prototype is completed.

PS,
I greatly appreciate all your intrest in my post about the Custom Rifle/Musket Carts that I am currently building. I have ran into a brief hiccup in my production of these carts. I have had a little trouble in finding Cart Wheels that are affordable. (Outside of Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply and various other online distributers). I am currently working with one of these vendors/distributors and this process is taking a bit longer then I had thought it would. My intention is to custom build these carts so I can offer them at affordable prices to N-SSA members. Please bare with me a little longer while I work through this process.
The carts that I am building from pine wood are and will be 100% convertable for transportation purposes, including being able to easily remove the 16" wheels. I am also offering them in a Army Green, Confederate Gray and a Union Blue. I also have 3 different styles of stenciling to offer as of now.
1st - Charleston Arsenal SC with the Palmetto Tree in the center.
2nd - From Richmond Arsenal 1863
3rd - St Louis Arsenal
The stenciling will be in white and both designs will have some kind of Cartridge Logo with it. I want these carts to be very unique with my own touch to them. If you have any other questions and concerns please feel free in contacting me directly. As I stated in my original post, I am trying to offer them at the $350 price point. Thank you and as soon as I complete the prototype I will have plenty of pics to share with anyone that is interested.

david eye 10882
11-02-2018, 04:50 PM
I would be intersted in one

John Maas
11-02-2018, 06:17 PM
Mike, I'm interested, but need to know if it would easily fit in my little truck. Pics would help.
John at McGregor's.

bilge water bob
11-03-2018, 11:07 AM
PM sent mike

Obi2winky
11-09-2018, 01:17 AM
I would also be interested depending not the size. Pictures would be helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unionboy Mike
04-10-2019, 10:05 AM
I have finally finished my first cart. Here is what I have came up with. It is 100% convertible in that it can be broken down for transportation in a vehicle. I am also open to custom building the main box to suit ones needs. However there will be a small additional cost for this. The cart you see in the pics that I provided is a One Off Cart. I do not want to make another like it but I thought it would be good to post pics of it so you could get a general idea of what they look like.
The price of the carts start at $350 and go up from there depending on how you want the main box built. If you are interested in one of my carts please PM me with a good contact number or Email address and we can go from there. Thank you for your patience while I built the cart. My main concern was to build a quality product that was affordable for skirmishers to purchase.

Unionboy Mike
04-10-2019, 10:12 AM
I have finally finished my first cart. Here is what I have came up with. It is 100% convertible in that it can be broken down for transportation in a vehicle. I am also open to custom building the main box to suit ones needs. However there will be a small additional cost for this. The cart you see in the pics that I provided is a One Off Cart. I do not want to make another like it but I thought it would be good to post pics of it so you could get a general idea of what they look like.
The price of the carts start at $350 and go up from there depending on how you want the main box built. If you are interested in one of my carts please PM me with a good contact number or Email address and we can go from there. Thank you for your patience while I built the cart. My main concern was to build a quality product that was affordable for skirmishers to purchase.

Triggerfinger
04-10-2019, 02:20 PM
That's a well made cart and as a wood worker myself I know the time and effort put in to a project like that. That is well worth the cost.