PDA

View Full Version : Revolver Gunsmithing Tips from Youtube

Southron Sr.
10-31-2018, 05:07 PM
Here are a couple of gunsmithing tips I have picked up from Youtube:

One fella had the hand spring of his replica Remmie revolver break (this happens on a fairly regular basis because the Italians insist on using cheap hand and trigger/bolt springs.)

Rather than order a replacement hand for his revolver, he simply got a flat bobby pin from his wife. He cut a section of the bobby pin and used that to replace his broken hand spring on his revolver's hand. Turns out that the flat bobby pins are made out of really good spring steel!!!

Ever had the Trigger/Bolt Spring break on your revolver. When you cock the pistol, the cylinder usually turns past the "lock up" position?

Leegunsmithing is selling a music wire Trigger/Bolt Spring that will last for a millennium and a day. The music wire Trigger/Bolt Spring usually provides a better "trigger pull" than those cheap Italian made Trigger/Bold Springs that come on your replica revolver.

http://www.leesgunsmithing.com/

Steve Weems
11-01-2018, 01:20 PM
I have started working with several revolvers and this thread caused me to go over to the Lee web site. In looking at the Colt type spring offerings I did not realize there were both short and long T/B Springs. What is the difference?

Southron Sr.
11-02-2018, 08:54 PM
The music wire spring from Lee Gunsmithing with the long leg allows you to do a "customized fit" to your particular make replica revolver. IF the leg is too long for your revolver, just cut off the excess length.