PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Romano

RangerFrog
04-01-2010, 08:17 PM
I tried to find Larry Romano's website using the URL I had in my bookmarks but it came back dead. A Google search also failed to find an active website for him. Does anybody know if Larry can still be found on the Web, and if not, how can he be found? I WTB some accessories for my 1st Model.

Froggie

Dana Hayman
04-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Froggie, I had the same problem, I posted that question on Cascity ( spencer forum ) and received a good answer. has something to do with loosing his web site. if you can go to Cascity forum, the answer is under Romano.
Dana

John S.
04-09-2010, 06:04 PM
phone number I have for Romano is: 315 695 2066

Two Flints
04-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Hi,

Larry's web site does seem to be down. Maybe calling him directly would be the best way to find out what's going on. His Email address is Romanorifle@msn.com.

I spoke to Larry a week or so ago and it seems that he neglected to renew his web site "domain listing" and his "name/domain" was sold to another individual or organization. I'm not sure why that all happened or what was involved. But, according to Larry, he is trying to buy his "domain name" back and place his web site back on the Internet.

For those of you who may be interested. He is still making Romano Spencer Rifles and Carbines. But, be advised, there is a long wait time from order to delivery.

L Romano Rifle
551 Stewarts Corners Rd, Pennellville, NY 13132-3234

p: 315 695 2066

Two Flints
Spencer Shooting Society, Moderator

RangerFrog
04-12-2010, 07:20 AM
I should have posted again to say thanks for all the help. I got his phone number off my T-shirt ("...been there, done that, got the T-shirt") and left a message. He called back within a couple of hours when he got back from rifling some barrels. He is indeed alive and well and working (very hard, apparently) in Pennellville, NY, and plans to be there for the Spring Nationals. BTW, my Romano 1st Model is still the favorite in my small stable of repro Civil War firearms and the one that comes out of the safe first when I think about going shooting... it got a bit of a workout at the Potomacs this past weekend and responded admirably.

Froggie