PDA

View Full Version : Springfield Research Service serial numbers available on CD- Ebay

Peter
10-28-2018, 11:01 PM
There is a disc purportedly containing all the serial numbers compiled by Frank Mallory of the Springfield research service available on a CD being sold on EBAY.

I purchased this disc and found that the numbers listed for civil war Spencers are incomplete and fall way short of what is in the SRS four volume set. The disc is unmarked and likely copied from a home computer.

When I confronted the seller about this inadequacy, he told me to return it for credit, which I did, and when my credit did not arrive, I called and was told the disc was returned broken (it was intact when shipped) and he could not give a refund for that. Sorry!

Stay away from this individual, you might get burned like I did.

John Holland
10-28-2018, 11:16 PM
Thank you for the "Heads Up" regarding something where you don't get what you have payed for, much less the poor customer service!

Bruce Cobb 1723V
10-29-2018, 09:04 AM
Did you contact Ebay? They generally help in these matters. What proof did he give you back? Your word vs theirs. They mostly side on the buyers side from what i've seen.

RaiderANV
10-29-2018, 10:40 AM
Soon as you tell Ebay he is selling Copy righted materials he pirated they'll yank his stuff.

2horses
10-29-2018, 03:33 PM
Is it Solarsem?
I was going to buy this disc.
Thanks for the headsup, if its him.
He says he's the author.
Tell Ebay! Contest it. Tell PayPal if that was your payment.
I'll guarantee you'll get reimbursed.
You have file a claim within so many days, dont procrastinate! Do it!
Sorry for your luck here.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Peter
10-29-2018, 03:38 PM
Did you contact Ebay? They generally help in these matters. What proof did he give you back? Your word vs theirs. They mostly side on the buyers side from what i've seen.

Thank You, I have contacted them and will call them again tomorrow.

Peter
10-29-2018, 03:42 PM
Soon as you tell Ebay he is selling Copy righted materials he pirated they'll yank his stuff.

Thanks for the good suggestion. I will be calling Ebay back tomorrow and will question them about copyrighted material. This seems a pretty clear cut case of that because in his EBAY ad, he shows the covers of the actual SRS books.

Peter Chandler

Peter
10-29-2018, 03:58 PM
Is it Solarsem?
I was going to buy this disc.
Thanks for the headsup, if its him.
He says he's the author.
Tell Ebay! Contest it. Tell PayPal if that was your payment.
I'll guarantee you'll get reimbursed.
You have file a claim within so many days, dont procrastinate! Do it!
Sorry for your luck here.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

It was Solarsem. I will take your suggestions. Thanks.

Peter
10-30-2018, 08:47 PM
It was Solarsem. I will take your suggestions. Thanks.

I am happy to report that EBAY investigated my complaint and today they ruled in my favor and issued a refund. Fast work on their part, no BS and a quick decision. Three cheers for EBAY, not for Solarsem. If it were up to him, I would be waiting a long time.

Unfortunately that may not stop future buyers who buy this CD of questionable accuracy. A member earlier suggested this man may be violating copyright law by copying the SRS data and then peddling it for his profit. Indeed it sure sounds like copyright infringement.

I have filed a report to EBAY about this. It is EBAY's policy not to reply to such reports but they do take copyright issues seriously and they will proceed to investigate my comments to see if Solarsem is in violation. I can check in a week or so to see if this disc is still available. I think if this disc is no longer advertised we can assume Solarsem has been stopped.

Peter Chandler