PDA

View Full Version : Zoli Zouave deal?

Yakiman
10-24-2018, 11:17 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum or allowed at all. Haven't really been looking for a Zouave but have come across one that is in pretty decent shape, dusty from storage and a few nicks in wood but appears to be ok otherwise. Seller is asking $250 and the price includes a canvas sling, the sword bayonet, scabbard and frog. What say you, deal or no deal?

RaiderANV
10-25-2018, 12:00 AM
Great deal if it's in working order and has a bore and will hit what you aim at.....
There is an importer or two that do not qualify for use in N-SSA competitions.

Dick Dodd
10-25-2018, 07:10 AM
Not sure if this is the right forum or allowed at all. Haven't really been looking for a Zouave but have come across one that is in pretty decent shape, dusty from storage and a few nicks in wood but appears to be ok otherwise. Seller is asking $250 and the price includes a canvas sling, the sword bayonet, scabbard and frog. What say you, deal or no deal?

If you don't want it I'll take it!

Maillemaker
10-25-2018, 09:51 AM
It's pretty much a steal. Any more these days if you can find a functional musket for under $500 it's a deal.

At that price even if the barrel was completely unusable you could get it relined and still come out with a great deal.

Steve

Yakiman
10-25-2018, 02:34 PM
It was a 30 mile drive to see it. Little rust on the ramrod, rest is dirty and few dings - the bbl, just ahead of the breech is marked "Made for Republic Arms Co., Dayton, Ohio by Antonio Zoli Gardone, V.T. Italy. I'm assuming it's on the approved list as it's made by Zoli. I don't see the two digit code for year made but maybe it's on the bottom of the bbl - will disassemble and start cleaning. The bayonet is in decent shape but is an India made one. Can't find my borelight but an oily patch did not pull out any rust. I talked the guy down to $160

Maillemaker
10-25-2018, 02:50 PM
A new bayonet with scabbard is worth $85 by itself:

http://ssfirearms.com/proddetail.asp?prod=EW358

You stole it. :)

Steve

Yakiman
10-25-2018, 03:10 PM
Got it apart, inside of the lock looks like some WWII cosmoline treatment. No rust though - need to soak all the metal, minor surface rust on a couple of screws. Older gun, date code is Roman Numerals - XXI - internet search says that means 1965.

Lou Lou Lou
10-25-2018, 03:33 PM
Ya done good

Muley Gil
10-25-2018, 05:09 PM
"
I talked the guy down to $160"

THIEF, THIEF!!!!! :D