PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Tennessee Bullets Molds Sighting Tool

WBR10654
10-16-2018, 12:38 PM
So I tried to pick up one of these the last two Nationals but it seems he is not making them any more.

If you have one you are done with and do not plan to use any more I am interested in getting one.

I have a bunch of Muskets, Carbines, and a Single Shot I want to sight in.

David P. Baldwin
WBR

marv762
10-16-2018, 02:28 PM
my brother had the same issue with him he ordered two of them and then got a run around on the extension piece for one of them. it seems that the extra piece to make it work on a flip blade was now extra money. he paid for it in full but never received it from him. he got a refund in the mail. i purchased the first couple from him and told him about the issue with the tool not being able to move back for the sight blade clearance. we worked together to correct the issue and i received the extension for free. looks like those hours of setting up the tooling aren't worth the machinists time for the money. i also have a couple of guns to redo sights on and hope the tool will make it so much faster. mine has been loaned to other team members, but seems to help. good luck on finding one Dave. Marv jr.

WBR10654
10-16-2018, 05:29 PM
I spoke with him at the Nationals and he is having a health issue and it is not my place to list it here,,,, but the short of it he is not going to be making things much longer and he quit on the sighting tool already.

I turned one of the other Suttlers who is a machinist on to the tool and he bought Linwood's to review to see if he is interested in making it.

I figured since Tennessee Molds is not going to be making them any more there was no harm in it.

Should he start making them they will be available and he an Linwood talked about a modification or two but it remains to be seen if he will even make them.

That is why I am looking for one to buy. I have a need for one.

MR. GADGET
10-16-2018, 11:01 PM
I have one.
Will carry it to Tom Crone and see if he will make some. He has done several items for me in the past.
Dont want to ship it but may be able to help you in some way.

Robt. Propst
10-17-2018, 02:30 PM
David, PM sent. Bob

WBR10654
10-19-2018, 07:03 AM
Thank you for your offer but I think I have one lined up.

I will know in a couple weeks if I can link up with the owner at the Last Chance.

DPB

I have one.
Will carry it to Tom Crone and see if he will make some. He has done several items for me in the past.
Dont want to ship it but may be able to help you in some way.