PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi (Zoli 58) sights

Kelley
07-31-2008, 08:32 PM
Where can I find a list of approved sights for my musket? I want to replace the original fixed sights with block sights. I need to get the sight picture higher off the barrel. In shoots like our next one, the barrel heat creates a mirage, which blurs out my front sight.

Greg Ogdan, 11444
08-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Mr. Kelley,
The rules allow you to replace the sights with a front post and a rear "V" or square notch or a peep hole AS LONG AS THE DIMENSIONS AND LOCATION OF THE SIGHT BASES ARE NOT CHANGED. On the front, you can create a grove in the original base and solder in a post or remove the sight, dovetail the barrel and install a new sight with the same base dimensions. For the fine points of what's allowed on repro Mississippi rear sights, best to chat with John Holland.

Kelley
08-01-2008, 01:03 PM
More specifically what I am asking is where can I find a list sightes than can be "exchanged according to known changes made by military forces issuing the arm." (N-SSA Rule 14.9.1)

Thanks

Greg Ogdan, 11444
08-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Mr. Kelley,
As I said, chat with John Holland, the chairman of the Small Arms Committee. You should also be able to get the info from your regional SAC person. These people will have definative answers for you.

Kelley
08-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Thanks, will do. Except, I'm having a little bit of a problem finding how to contact Mr. Holland.

ken chrestman
08-03-2008, 11:07 AM
John can be reached at this e-mail address, you can ask for his number when you e-mail.
John Holland [jh44ny@verizon.net]

Hope this helps;

Ken Chrestman, 7147V

Kelley
08-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Thanks Ken

I am going to try to end this thread. I have the information I need.