PDA

View Full Version : black walnut wood

rampa_room_artillery
03-29-2010, 06:40 PM
I have lots of black walnut wood, dry and ready to cut to size, what price will it go for?? what sizes should i cut it into to get the most profit??
is anyone looking for wood??

rick bryan
3rd va co B

fullertc
03-29-2010, 09:00 PM
I would not only contact the Natl Muzzleloading Rifle Assn website but also the Banjohangout.com for contacts with banjo luthiers. You may strike a deal.
Tom Fuller
6th Wisconsin Vols
5036V

Tim Lyne
03-30-2010, 07:43 AM
Plank or board? Rough sawn or planed? Slab or Quarter? 4/4, 8/4 or bigger? Banjo AND guitar builders will want to know! Thanks for putting this up here (though you oughta include a price per board foot just to honor the forum rules.)

Currently I've got enough for a couple dozen banjo necks and about three dozen acoustic guitar sets, otherwise I'd be on this like white on rice, like stink on a skunk, like a politician on a photo op.

Regards,

Tim Lyne
Knap's Batt.
#2952V

rampa_room_artillery
03-30-2010, 08:57 PM
well thats just it, i am asking what a good price would be and how i should cut it. it can be rough cut into what ever size you need. i dont know what i should do with it, but i dont want it to rot. one peace is a trunk from a domestic tree, and the other is old growth wood.

rick bryan

Edwin Flint, 8427
03-30-2010, 10:43 PM
Price can be obtained on line by going to wholesale rough wood buyers on Google and you should get some idea of pricing.

If you know of some furniture makers in your area, I suggest you contact them. You might also give Dunlap Woodcrafts who sells stocks at nationals a call. He sells BW stocks and might make you an offer.