PDA

View Full Version : Zoli Zouave Manufactered in Hollywood?

B P Shooter
09-10-2018, 10:30 PM
I was at a flea market this past weekend and came across a Zouave. It looked to be all correct but was stamped manufactured in Hollywood California. Has anyone ever seen one of these?

Sorry, no pictures were allowed.

Chris Sweeney
09-11-2018, 04:13 PM
Not a Zoli - Its a Hy Hunter

RaiderANV
09-11-2018, 06:22 PM
It actually says "Manufactured in Hollywood California" on the musket?

Southron Sr.
09-11-2018, 08:56 PM
Hollywood??? Naw, my guess is it also has Italian Proof Marks on the barrel!

B P Shooter
09-13-2018, 03:52 AM
Not a Zoli - Its a Hy Hunter

YES.. that was it. What is the significance/story on them?

RaiderANV
09-13-2018, 08:31 AM
Just another one of many importers. Some of their early guns had welded breeches which is a no-no but it only amounted to a couple handfuls of guns. Would need to get a SAC card on it and you'd be good to go.
I had one years ago but it only had "Hollywood California". on it.

Bruce Cobb 1723V
09-13-2018, 09:06 AM
There has been tons of different importers of the Zoli Zouaves over the early years. Thanks to the newer SAC adopted approved cross index listings its so easy now to determine if one is allowed in our competition by the just by finding the name Zoli. If your Hollywood says Zoli on the barrel, it is not a welded bolster.

John Holland
09-13-2018, 03:10 PM
Clarification: The ONLY "Hy-Hunter" Remington Zouave that is allowed are the later imports made by Antonio Zoli. The ones that are marked only with the Hy-Hunter import marks are not approved for use, nor will they ever be issued a SAC Individual Approval Card.

Contrary to what PJ has said, there were far more than "...just a handful imported." Generally, they were a much better fit & finish than any other imported Zouave. What you CAN do is replace the barrel with a N-SSA approved barrel, because it is the barrel that was rejected, the rest of it is OK to use.

John Holland
Small Arms Staff Officer

RaiderANV
09-13-2018, 08:48 PM
Only going by what a Hy-Hunter rep told me decades ago. Also they made at least one with a barrel that wasn't welded as I had it for years. Needle in a haystack??

Southron Sr.
09-18-2018, 07:29 PM
Hy Hunter was an IMPORTER and not a manufacturer. Read all about them here:

https://www.gunvaluesboard.com/i-have-a-hy-hunter-inc-firearms-co-hollywood-california-made-in-germany-4/1...-549595.html

John Holland
09-18-2018, 08:52 PM
An informative link for sure, but if you re-read my post, I said Hy-Hunter was an importer.