PDA

View Full Version : zouave target gun

bowfish
03-29-2010, 10:12 AM
I bought a euroarms zouave rifle and it shoots very well. I will be useing it for target work only so was wondering how is the front sight put on this gun. I would like to replace both the front and rear sight . And most of all could anyone tell me who could do a good trigger and lock tune up for this rifle.

matt
03-29-2010, 01:13 PM
you can get a tall front sight and new sight leaves from s and s as far as trigger pull the easiest way is to solder on a peice of brass shim to the full cock notch and then file down till a the lock no longer hangs on the half cock and b) you get the trigger pull where you like it.
matt
winslows battery 9775v

03-30-2010, 04:38 PM
Rather than removing the entire front sight, just file down the blade, slot the base, and solder in a taller blade.

matt
03-30-2010, 07:04 PM
if you remove the front sight that is on there and solder on a new one you can make windage changes which you cant do with the factory front sight. you can make it wider if you slot it and file the opposite side to move the round but if its off by much it wont help. i like to wack or grind off the front sight and replace it with a taller one. the other option is to offset your rear peep sight hole. but again i find it easier to adjust the front sight.
matt

Charlie Hahn
04-01-2010, 08:38 AM
The sight base for the front sight is soldered on using high strength high temperature solder. This is done with an induction heating unit to minimize excessive heating during the manufacturing process. I have also seen these done using spot welding just depends on the contractor used.

I machine these off when adding a dovetail from sight. Or, slot as talked about in the string posted. I have a bridgeport mill, and make sure everything is on center. As the depth of the dovetail is shallow, the new sight is pre-tinned so once you have it where you want it, the sight can be fixed. I use low temperature solder for this, (450 degrees F). As it appears you are not going to skirmish with this gun, the existing sight base could be used to mount a front sight that could remain adjustable, as there is enough metal, and the barrel would not be cut.

If you want some different sight added to the rear, other than what is allowed in the N-SSA it is a matter of looking at the mounting needs and adapt as needed being careful not to create a thinned section.

If you want your lock repaired and smoothed out, I do this service as well as the sight work described.

Charlie Hahn
410-208-4736