PDA

View Full Version : 1863 Garrett Sharos carbine For Sale

Dan Mastin
08-24-2018, 08:36 AM
This gun was apparently owned by a reenactor who did not take very good care of it. When I got it a couple of years ago there was considerable rust inside and out. I had Charlie Hahn clean it up and install his breech block. The trigger pull has been worked on and a tall front sight put on it. Most of the pellet primer parts were missing, the parts I sourced were all original. It is still missing the pellet spring, follower, and one of the sliding parts. As the original parts were not an exact fit, if I was going to shoot it I would remove these parts first. There is some pitting in the barrel at the breech and near the muzzle. I was going to have it replaced or relined but Charlie thought it would shoot OK. The stock is nice with only a few bumps and bruises as would be expected coming from a reenactor.
With the gun is a brand new 2 cavity Moose mold, 2 tubes of lube, and a package of O rings as recommended by Charlie and a bag of Charlie's tubes. The price is $1000 firm, which is what I have in it. I have not fired this gun.
I'm old and consider email pics a bridge to far and would prefer a face to face transaction. I might be at the Tidewater Regional and am planning on being at the nationals.

email zouave47@aol.com

Dan Mastin
2829v