PDA

View Full Version : new powder to me

toot
07-29-2018, 11:03 AM
what is REEINACTOR GRADE POWDER used for ? can it be used for live firing or only fore fireing salutes?

Kurt Lacko 7862
07-29-2018, 11:16 AM
From the Goex Sight:

Product Information

This new powder is dedicated to the historical reenactor and the value conscious
black powder recreational shooter.
Reenactor Gunpowder loads the same by volume charge as regular grade black powder
This new product is ideal for blank fire in Muskets, Carbines, Pistols and Cannon
Also suitable for recreational round ball muzzleloaders, where it performs nicely at
low pressures
With 100% black powder ignition, it is reliable with every shot

Bruce Cobb 1723V
07-29-2018, 11:17 AM
It makes a loud noise when it goes off with dark smoke out of the barrel. I wonder if its unwanted residue from the better stuff.

Muley Gil
07-29-2018, 01:02 PM
Price isn't everything. If you intend to target shoot or hunt, buy the regular Goex and work up your loads.

Bollig
07-31-2018, 02:02 PM
It makes a loud noise when it goes off with dark smoke out of the barrel. I'm fascinated by nootropics (https://www.muscleandfitness.com/supplements/best-nootropics/) and wonder if its unwanted residue from the better stuff.

It shouldn't create that much more residue than the usual though, should it?

Eggman
08-01-2018, 12:38 PM
This new product is ideal for blank fire in Muskets, Carbines, Pistols and Cannon
Also suitable for recreational round ball muzzleloaders, where it performs nicely at
low pressure.

Coming from the Gene Wilson school of light charges (use 35 grains fffg in the musket), wondering if this will work well in N-SSA competition.

Hal
08-02-2018, 12:34 PM
Based on nothing more than pure speculation,...........I suspect it is powder that didn't meet their normal QA guidelines and they're not comfortable selling it as first quality, but figured it'd still go BOOM for those that are not looking for anything more than a BOOM.