PDA

View Full Version : Looking For A Nice Used Electric 20lb Lead Melting Pot

Unionboy Mike
06-29-2018, 10:21 PM
I am looking for a nice used 20lb electric lead melting pot. I prefer for it to be one that I can use a dipping ladel but am open to a bottom feeder. Please feel free in letting me know what you have and your asking price. Thank you.

sealgaire
06-29-2018, 11:52 PM
I have a 20Lb pot I would like to sell. PM sent.

gjwarren
06-30-2018, 09:53 PM
Lemme know if it doesn't work out. I have one for a spare.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bobanderson
07-01-2018, 07:19 AM
Bottom pour electric pots are questionable for casting minies. You get voids over the base pin that will mess up your accuracy.
For less than the cost of an electric pot, you can use a small cast iron dutch oven on a Coleman stove and a bottom pour ladle. Done it that way for many years with great results.

Fred Jr
07-01-2018, 09:26 AM
I've been using a bottom pour furnace for 45 years. No trouble at all. Just shot a 90 at 100yds with my bottom cast hodgdon minnies. Just have to learn how to pour them. This should bring out bunch of shouting!

Fred

gjwarren
07-01-2018, 12:13 PM
The sucker holes come from too much heat, regardless of bottom pour or not. I went to a big 10gt pot to get more consistent lead. Used a large ladle, which works great for my 4 cavity carbine mould, but too fast n hot for musket. Now I use a single ladle with the bottom pour hole with better results, but I alternate moulds so they don't get too hot. They cool better, release bullets better and I get more bullets in less time. 26 years & still trying to perfect the craft. Easier buying bullets from Paul weber.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Unionboy Mike
07-01-2018, 06:53 PM
I have responded too and sent everyone a PM who has said that they have a melting pot for sale. I am just waiting to hear back.

pastore
07-01-2018, 07:26 PM
If you are getting voids above the base pin when using a bottom pour furnace, it is because of your casting technique. I have cast with a bottom pour
furnace for 50 years without that problem.

Michael T.
07-02-2018, 02:59 PM
Just looked up Cabelas- - - they have a Lyman lead pot for $4i.88 Track of the Wolf also has them for sale... then you get a brand new pot, not used...
:D