PDA

View Full Version : SN&WTC for Massachusetts

jbarber
06-05-2018, 01:04 PM
Also known as a Norris and Clement. Original w/ relined 7 groove legal 31"bbl. Crisp lock w/o creep. VG condition overall. I purchased this musket to replace my 3-band with something shorter and lighter. It shoots splendidly - cloverleafs from rest at 100 yds. Mike Rouch sighted it with peeps and it's dead on at 50 and 100 yds. THE PROBLEM: in attempting to
get a card we found the barrel band springs were a later non-legal addition, and would have to be removed and the inletting filled. A split type top band would be needed, and the stock nose would have to be lengthened 5/8". All other measurements were in spec. Knowing what work would be needed, and not wishing to do it myself, I will part with this piece for $500.00. Even paying to have the work done should still render this rifle an economical skirmish firearm, especially suited for a woman or young skirmisher. ( Oh, and the lower band needs a sling swivel and screw.) Sorry, no pics as yet, but the musket can be seen at the 110th OVI shoot at Pleasant Hill, OH, 6/22 - 24. Thanks, Jon Barber 1483V 110th OVI

Joe Plakis, 9575V
06-05-2018, 03:42 PM
Also known as a Norris and Clement. Original w/ relined 7 groove legal 31"bbl. Crisp lock w/o creep. VG condition overall. I purchased this musket to replace my 3-band with something shorter and lighter. It shoots splendidly - cloverleafs from rest at 100 yds. Mike Rouch sighted it with peeps and it's dead on at 50 and 100 yds. THE PROBLEM: in attempting to
get a card we found the barrel band springs were a later non-legal addition, and would have to be removed and the inletting filled. A split type top band would be needed, and the stock nose would have to be lengthened 5/8". All other measurements were in spec. Knowing what work would be needed, and not wishing to do it myself, I will part with this piece for $500.00. Even paying to have the work done should still render this rifle an economical skirmish firearm, especially suited for a woman or young skirmisher. ( Oh, and the lower band needs a sling swivel and screw.) Sorry, no pics as yet, but the musket can be seen at the 110th OVI shoot at Pleasant Hill, OH, 6/22 - 24. Thanks, Jon Barber 1483V 110th OVI

I will take this off of you hands. Will you please email me at JosephPlakis1@gmail.com. Wish to keep your contact info, address and such private.

Many Thanks.
JP

Muley Gil
06-05-2018, 05:04 PM
"Wish to keep your contact info, address and such private."

But now we know YOUR e-mail address. I'm heading to the local truck stop, Sharpie in hand. :D

I use the PM function to send addresses, e-mail info, etc.

Eggman
06-05-2018, 07:09 PM
"Wish to keep your contact info, address and such private."

But now we know YOUR e-mail address. I'm heading to the local truck stop, Sharpie in hand. :D

I use the PM function to send addresses, e-mail info, etc.

Not sure how many forum users are aware of this or how easy it is to use. Just sold a musket to Dick D. who wasn't familiar with it until I asked him to look to the top of the screen.

jbarber
06-06-2018, 09:37 AM
Norris and Clement sold, pending funds.