PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Whitworth or Volunteer rifle

keweenaw
05-31-2018, 10:05 PM
Greetings
After having to sell both rifles in the past due to unemployment, I find myself employed again. I miss my Whitworth and Volunteer rifles. I would like to purchase one or both if you have one. Parker Hale, Euroarms, or Pedersoli. Please let me know what you have. I have a few things for trade as well - some blackpowder, some GI WW2 rifles.

Clean out your closets so you can pay for skirmishing???

Thanks

gmkmd
06-01-2018, 09:04 AM
PM sent regarding Volunteer

keweenaw
06-01-2018, 01:41 PM
This forum is usually a benign place, but occasionally one is SHOCKED. So Keweenaw lost his job AND SOLD HIS MUSKETS. No mention here of his dog, his washer, his dryer, his vacuum cleaner, his wife's hair dryer, none of the really expendable stuff -- just his most valuable possessions, his muskets. Please folks, seek counseling first before you do something really rash like this!

I repent in sackcloth and ashes.........so where is the Whitworth????

milsurpshooter
06-06-2018, 04:28 PM
Tried to send PM regarding your WTB.
Your mailbox is full.
PM me if still interested.

ikesdad
06-06-2018, 05:53 PM
This forum is usually a benign place, but occasionally one is SHOCKED. So Keweenaw lost his job AND SOLD HIS MUSKETS. No mention here of his dog, his washer, his dryer, his vacuum cleaner, his wife's hair dryer, none of the really expendable stuff -- just his most valuable possessions, his muskets. Please folks, seek counseling first before you do something really rash like this!

Actually this is how it usually works when the old man loses his job. HE is the one to sacrifice by getting rid of all of his stuff cause momma aint gonna get rid of her washing machine, furniture, what nots, or ANYTHING.

keweenaw
06-07-2018, 10:32 AM
I have told my wife on occasion that if I need to, i can sell my guns and get some income.....but can she do the same with her wardrobe?

Maillemaker
06-07-2018, 11:14 AM
One of the great things about firearms is they are generally a good investment that can be easily liquidated if the need arises.

Steve

keweenaw
06-07-2018, 11:18 AM
A somewhat related question:

Does anyone have any info on a Civil War Whitworth cartridge box? Curious, as the Whitworth cartridges were I believe somewhat longer than standard issue 58 cartridges. So, wondering if, with the import of Whitworths, were cartridge boxes imported as well? I suppose this would apply to Volunteer rifles and Kerr rifles as well. Does anyone have pics of what the Brits might have used, and possible sent to the CSA?

MarkTK36thIL
06-07-2018, 01:00 PM
I have told my wife on occasion that if I need to, i can sell my guns and get some income.....but can she do the same with her wardrobe?

Let me get an Amen!

Muley Gil
06-07-2018, 09:42 PM
A somewhat related question:

Does anyone have any info on a Civil War Whitworth cartridge box? Curious, as the Whitworth cartridges were I believe somewhat longer than standard issue 58 cartridges. So, wondering if, with the import of Whitworths, were cartridge boxes imported as well? I suppose this would apply to Volunteer rifles and Kerr rifles as well. Does anyone have pics of what the Brits might have used, and possible sent to the CSA?

I THINK the standard Enfield box is deep enough for longer rounds. Enfield leather gear was imported for both the North and the South.

The square looking boxes are the Enfield pattern.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=Awr9IMl33xlbQosATGhXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEy amhvYTF0BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjU0MDNfMQRzZW MDc2M-?p=civil+war+enfield+cartridge+box&fr=yfp-t

RaiderANV
06-09-2018, 09:27 AM
https://texasguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=1184089 (https://texasguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=1184089)

keweenaw
07-10-2018, 10:28 AM
Bumping this one again. Still looking for a whitworth or volunteer rifle in 451 cal. Perhaps you have one sitting in a closet, not used for a while, collecting dust (or rust!!)? I would be interested in chatting with you if you would consider a sale or trade. Does not have to be pristine, just a good bore and crown. Please let me know what you have.

Thanks!!

Muley Gil
07-13-2018, 07:17 PM
Here's one of each:

https://www.n-ssa.net/vbforum/showthread.php/16952-Guns-for-sale

keweenaw
07-21-2018, 04:31 PM
Hello. Got both the rifles I was looking for. If anyone has a hex bullet mould, I would be interested in trying those bullets. Thanks