PDA

View Full Version : Interested in 2 band Enfield or Remington Zouave

olbuck44
05-23-2018, 07:24 PM
My son has become really interested in the Civil War. I am interested in a good used replica of an 1853 Enfield 2 band or Remington Zouave. He is not interested in reenacting right now but would rather just like to have one to target shoot and possibly deer hunt with. I am interested in something I don't have to mortgage the house. A good bore is essential. Stock condition is not a deal breaker as long as it's intact and safe and the mechanism works. If anyone may have something out there let me know. The reason I picked these two as I know they tend to be cheaper as they are not used in reenacting. Like I said, he's just interested in something to shoot and have fun. I am familiar with blackpowder rifles and have a T/C Renegade I still hunt with. Any tips would be appreciated. We live in Kentucky. Thanks.

RaiderANV
05-23-2018, 07:46 PM
Where are you located??

olbuck44
05-23-2018, 08:29 PM
Lexington, ky

RaiderANV
05-23-2018, 08:46 PM
You should bring him to a skirmish near you. He'll be as to shoot several different Civil War firearms and maybe get a feel for what fits him best??

mike lynch 4731
05-23-2018, 09:25 PM
Olbuck44
Sent you a private message

Dan Mastin
05-24-2018, 06:42 AM
Olbuck

The good news - there is a very active team with members in and around Lexington. While I do not have contact information, your best bet would be to put a post on this board asking someone from the 6th Kentucky infantry to contact you. They are a great bunch of guys.

The bad news - The closest skirmish to you will be either Batesville, Indiana or Troy, Ohio.

Good Luck

Dan Mastin
2829V

2kycav
05-24-2018, 01:48 PM
Olbuck

The good news - there is a very active team with members in and around Lexington. While I do not have contact information, your best bet would be to put a post on this board asking someone from the 6th Kentucky infantry to contact you. They are a great bunch of guys.

The bad news - The closest skirmish to you will be either Batesville, Indiana or Troy, Ohio.

Good Luck

Dan Mastin
2829V

Thanks Dan.......he can call me at 304 654 3227