PDA

View Full Version : WTB:. Burnside parts

ewmail15
05-17-2018, 08:53 AM
Guy has an 1864 Burnside carbine that's in need of restoration. I'm hoping to own it soon, and need some 4th model parts. Missing are the tumbler, sear, hammer and some screws. Waiting since Monday for the pics. Reg qtrmstr has lots, but Uber retail pricing.

Also, please keep me in mind if you see anyone looking to sell Merrill parts. Eric

ewmail15
05-17-2018, 11:29 PM
Also need the outer and inner (release?) levers. Not going to be easy on the wallet if I do buy the carbine.

bilge water bob
05-24-2018, 06:33 PM
Did you try Lodgewood mfg or S&S firearms?? They should treat you better

ewmail15
05-24-2018, 06:50 PM
Yeah, I've been on Lodgewood and S&S and Regimental Quartermaster and Gunderson Militaria and McPheeters Antique Militaria. They're all retail priced of course, but I'm on a really non-existent budget, unless I sell stuff.

Lou Lou Lou
05-24-2018, 09:01 PM
Yeah, I've been on Lodgewood and S&S and Regimental Quartermaster and Gunderson Militaria and McPheeters Antique Militaria. They're all retail priced of course, but I'm on a really non-existent budget, unless I sell stuff.

Consider buying a gun needing less work. They are not too pricey

ewmail15
05-26-2018, 08:48 PM
I will keep looking on liveauctionrers.com. watched my first auction and it was a blast. Hundreds of rifles, carbines, shotguns and revolvers of all conditions and countries.

Tried to pick up an original, restorable 5th model, but my $200 max was $100 short. I haven't had an income stream for too long, so I'm scraping by hobby-wise by selling off goodies my dad gave me years back. Walther PP is next in line to sell.

Lodgewood has a Burnside lever and Regimental Quartermaster has the lock. Anyone have the complete lever/lock assembly, including the spring and screws? Donor or restorable carbine would be nice. Lemme know. Thanks, Eric.

Dheisey#7003
05-30-2018, 07:18 PM
Eric,
I went through this quest many years ago. I bought almost all the parts I needed but was missing interior lock parts. Well, they never materialized. I ended up buying a project gun, well inside my budget and fortunately for me, I had enough parts to do the repairs to get it shooting. I shot it for a few years but was never pleased with my results so I sold it and all the parts for a tidy sum and bought a Smith. I miss my Burnside. It drove me nuts, but it was very nostalgic. Most of the parts I bought were from S & S. Phil helped me out a lot. I bought my project gun from Lodgewood. I also had good luck buying parts at the Gettysburg Pa gun show. I do not live far from there, so it was close. I went through lots of parts boxes to find what I found. I haven't been there for years so I do not know how good it is. Wish I had more helpful advise.

Harry Gaul
06-09-2018, 08:49 AM
At one time I owned and shot a Burnside. My extra parts got mixed in with my other parts and I can not tell the difference. I can post pictures and you can pick and choose. I will post prices along with the pictures in some way shape or form.

True Blue and Diamond Hard,
Harry
3626v