PDA

View Full Version : Maynard carbines and Zoli Zouave for sale at Nat'ls

John Bly
05-05-2018, 04:30 PM
I have two 2nd Model Maynard carbines for sale at Nat'ls. The 1st is all original except for the mainspring and nipple with a good shootable bore. It has a small flash hole, locks up tight, has a trigger pull just under 4 lbs. It's just an old brown shooter carbine and priced right at $1250.

The second Maynard carbine has been extensively reworked. It has an original barrel lined by Hoyt, chambered and crowned by me. It has been restocked with an original non military marked butt stock.. The springs are repro and it has a trigger pull of just over 3 1/2 lbs. The flash hole has been bushed. It locks up tight. There are several new screws and new Rich Cross sights. The price is $1200.

I also have an original 2nd Model Maynard barrel for sale. It has been lined by Hoyt, chambered and crowned by me. It has been polished and rust blued and has new Rich Cross sights. The price is $600

I have a Zoli Zouave sold by Sears, Roebuck in the early 60's. I have reworked the stock to take out the clubiness, glass bedded and refinished it with a Min-Wax polyurethane. The barrel has been lined by Hoyt in 3 groove 60" twist. I rust blued the barrel and small parts. The lock has been tuned and the trigger pull is just over 3 1/2 lbs. You have to see and handle this rifle to really appreciate it. It is what you always thought a Zoli Zouave could and should be. It's ready for 40 more years of skirmishing. I'm asking $650 for it.

The guns will be at Yeck's place in the sutler area across from Lodgewood.

John Bly
05-11-2018, 08:54 PM
The Zoli Zouave is sold. I shot it several days ago and showed the target to a young skirmisher. It will now be his.

Both Maynards are still for sale. Check them out at Yeck's place.