PDA

View Full Version : Garrett Sharps Carbine Parts

Margo Weathers
04-24-2018, 08:38 AM
I was told that Frank Garrett sold all of his Sharps carbine parts to someone when he went out of business. Does anyone know who he may have sold his inventory to?

Maillemaker
04-24-2018, 10:02 AM
You may find this thread interesting:

https://www.n-ssa.net/vbforum/showthread.php/16563-Is-this-a-Garrett-1863-Sharps

Steve

P.Altland
04-24-2018, 11:58 AM
Original parts should fit in a Garrett.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

762x51
04-24-2018, 12:31 PM
Pedersoli apparently bought all of the left over parts. Maybe Frank sold what he had to someone and hopefully you'll find out who that was. Here is Pedersoli's response regarding the parts they bought from Palmetto Arms in early 1992

"Dear Mr. Harding, We had to take the time to look in the old serial number books to find the matching serial number.
The rifle was produced at the beginning of 1992, at that time we took over the tooling and some parts from Palmetto
company, we produced few pieces of the Sharps rifles, yours was shipped to Beauchamp Company in June 1992.
Soon after that period we made our own tooling, to produce the parts inside our company and in the 1993
we started with the new reference for the serial number, which is SH..since
then our Sharps rifles are marked with SH and the number."

RaiderANV
04-24-2018, 04:48 PM
I wanna say it was Ed Nicely(sp?) who set up at Nationals selling a lot of 45-70 parts that bought some of the parts before Frank sold everything to Pedersoli.

Margo Weathers
04-24-2018, 07:49 PM
Thanks everyone. I am aware of the sale of the machinery, etc., to Palmetto but I was told that Frank had a lot of parts in his personal possession and that he sold them to a gunsmith or such and that not everything was sold in the deal he made with Palmetto. I need a part and I understand that some of the Sharps parts manufactured by others will fit but I'd prefer to have an original replacement part.