PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Jaeger/early Virginiia style flintlock rifle

keweenaw
03-21-2018, 07:20 PM
Hello. I trust this qualifies under the posting rules. If not, apologies and please delete.

I am looking for a early style longrifle or jaeger in flint. Not looking at originals but something basic with good style and quality components. Perhaps someone has a project started, but not completed, that they would like to part with. Or, something sitting in the closet and not being used? I have a Pedersoli target Jaeger in percussion, and would be interested in a flint version.

Please let me know what you have.

Thanks!

John Holland
03-21-2018, 10:14 PM
Your post is perfectly acceptable, good luck with your quest!

Harry Gaul
03-23-2018, 05:06 PM
K,

I have a project gun that I can part with. It was an original 1816 when someone removed the band stops and tried to make it into a long rifle. It has an original lock and replacing flintlock parts. The stock has been repaired but over all solid. There is still work left to be done. Would you like to see pictures? The price shipped is $495 or delivered to the Fort in April or Springtown at the end of April.

True Blue and Diamond hard,
Harry
3rd US
3626v

keweenaw
03-24-2018, 03:48 PM
K,

I have a project gun that I can part with. It was an original 1816 when someone removed the band stops and tried to make it into a long rifle. It has an original lock and replacing flintlock parts. The stock has been repaired but over all solid. There is still work left to be done. Would you like to see pictures? The price shipped is $495 or delivered to the Fort in April or Springtown at the end of April.

True Blue and Diamond hard,
Harry
3rd US
3626v

Thanks, but not quite what I was interested in. Interested more in early longrifle or jaeger style rifle. Repo is OK if it is reasonable quality. I like the Pedersoli Jaeger for repro's (target version). Thanks again

Tom-in-Pittsburgh
03-24-2018, 04:41 PM
Have you ruled out Dixie Gun Works flint Jaeger (by Pedersoli)?

https://www.dixiegunworks.com/index/page/product/product_id/2030/category_id/315/category_chain/312,313,315/product_name/FR0838+DGW+EARLY+AMERICAN+JAEGER+FLINT+RIFLE

keweenaw
03-24-2018, 11:01 PM
Have you ruled out Dixie Gun Works flint Jaeger (by Pedersoli)?

https://www.dixiegunworks.com/index/page/product/product_id/2030/category_id/315/category_chain/312,313,315/product_name/FR0838+DGW+EARLY+AMERICAN+JAEGER+FLINT+RIFLE

Not ruled it out, but hate to pay that level of price for reproduction. If I could obtain one of those in used condition, that would be great. Thanks

RaiderANV
03-25-2018, 12:17 AM
What.......state are you in?

singleshot
03-25-2018, 09:30 AM
Try Track of the Wolf.