PDA

View Full Version : childrens crusade

Dan Mastin
02-20-2018, 12:53 PM
The Childrens Crusade - 1212
The so-called Children's Crusade illustrates the religious enthusiasm and misdirected zeal which marked the crusading movement.

Jump ahead to today

The Childrens Crusade -2018

This so - called Childrens Crusade illustrates liberal enthusiasm and misdirected zeal which will mark this movement.

I can only hope that the N-SSA is partnering with other gun rights organizations to minimize the the impact on all of us.

Dan Mastin
2829V

MR. GADGET
02-20-2018, 01:01 PM
The Childrens Crusade - 1212
The so-called Children's Crusade illustrates the religious enthusiasm and misdirected zeal which marked the crusading movement.

Jump ahead to today

The Childrens Crusade -2018

This so - called Childrens Crusade illustrates liberal enthusiasm and misdirected zeal which will mark this movement.

I can only hope that the N-SSA is partnering with other gun rights organizations to minimize the the impact on all of us.

Dan Mastin
2829V

No sir. We are not really.

Few years back I ask that we become as the N-SSA part/ or members of the NRA and CMP.
It come back that they were not a good fit for the N-SSA and that in short too political to be part of.

If the N-SSA was to join in some capacity we could get coverage in the NRA and or CMP web and magazines.

Several shooting clubs in the area require being a NRA member. Works great for them.
One of the ranges got NRA to help fund improvements on the range.

I think it has come up several times that we let NRA set up and also promote by use of awards but that is it.

At the time I set up everything with the CMP and offered to pay for the yearly fee. All we needed was higher ups blessing on it. Could have got us on the CMP web site, their club info, and more covrrage.

I plan to put together something again to give to my commander and see if it will go back up the ladder again.

RaiderANV
02-20-2018, 02:32 PM
Few years back I ask that we become as the N-SSA part/ or members of the NRA and CMP.
It come back that they were not a good fit for the N-SSA and that in short too political to be part of.

At the time I set up everything with the CMP and offered to pay for the yearly fee. All we needed was higher ups blessing on it. Could have got us on the CMP web site, their club info, and more covrrage.

I plan to put together something again to give to my commander and see if it will go back up the ladder again.

Yes.....I'd try again with the new leadership. It's a great organization to be associated with and benefits for members.

John Holland
02-20-2018, 02:39 PM
I would be curious of the demographics of how many N-SSA members are also members of the NRA.

ken stiles, 0526V
02-20-2018, 03:54 PM
I sent this out to my county GOP, the College Republicans at VT [I'm the adviser], and the VT Young Americans for Freedom [also the adviser].

I would suggest this all NSSA members to do the same through other organizations - local GOP, shooting clubs, Lions, VFW, etc.

the local blacksburg committee for justice is planning to undertake a 'March for Live' on 24 March -- something i know y'all have heard about in response to the shooting in Florida

i would like to suggest that the MC GOP become involved in organizing and participating in the event to drive the narrative -- rather than responding.

if we get in early, we can formulate the issues to be addressed -

fully enforcing existing laws
personal accountability
see something-say something - DO SOMETHING [the govt's job]
government accountability - will the person who failed in the FBI be fired? the FL mental health organization? the child services group? the local sheriff's office?
hardening our schools -- like all other important entities are [be in the Governor's Mansion or the Kardashians]
getting mentally ill and threatening people off the streets and into institutions [did you know our mental facilities hold 1/10 the number of patients they did a few decades ago?]
making all states and organizations comply with the law and input data into NICS

if we don't get involved - we know what the narrative will be - the erosion of our 2nd Amendment.

We can drive the narrative to our benefit IF WE GET INVOLVED... or we'll be forced to react.

Dan Mastin
02-20-2018, 05:35 PM
I would be curious of the demographics of how many N-SSA members are also members of the NRA.

Life member since the early 1970's.

Dan Mastin
2829v

Ray N CW ENT
02-20-2018, 08:51 PM
Life Member 25 years.

John Holland
02-20-2018, 09:38 PM
My wife and I are both Benefactor Life members of the NRA, and have been so for a long time.

MR. GADGET
02-21-2018, 07:06 AM
I have been a life member for most my life and Life Benefactor Member for many years.

Jim Mulligan 7288V
02-21-2018, 08:14 AM
30 year NRA member.

norman horne, 12321
02-23-2018, 04:49 AM
My wife and I are both Benefactor Life members of the NRA, and have been so for a long time.

Life Member; Norman Horne-Iredell Blues.

Muley Gil
02-23-2018, 11:06 AM
Annual member beginning in '70s. Became a Life member in '83. Upgraded several times. Benefactor member since '07

Ron The Old Reb
02-23-2018, 12:44 PM
​NRA member since 1960, became a life member in 1971, a Benefactor member for the past several years.

Muley Gil
02-23-2018, 03:52 PM
I am a member of the Smith & Wesson forum and the topic of NRA membership has come up several times. Not all of that forum membership belong to the NRA. While many members, including myself, feel that all gun owners, and anyone interested in liberty, should belong to the NRA, as of today, we have NOT tarred and feathered any non NRA members. :)

j.howardcycles
02-23-2018, 04:22 PM

John, I have been a life member of the NRA for many years . I may not always walk in perfect step with them. But We do agree on most things.

YOU DON'T KNOW ?
02-23-2018, 07:51 PM
In my opinion, it would be very helpful to the future freedom, of our children, that each member of the NRA recruit an additional member today. Once they remove the 2d Amendment the 1st will be in the sights of those who seek to destroy the freedom we have fought for. I'm sickened by the shooting of so many innocent people. But I'm even more sickened by those using these horrible events to further their political objectives. Gary Pope PS. I 2d Mr. Gadget.

Jim Cunningham
02-25-2018, 12:54 AM
I'm no longer a member of the N-SSA but continue to be a proud member of the NRA. The NRA is not responsible, in any way for mass shootings. The sensationalist media has blamed the NRA for incidents they neither cause, perpetrate, or defend. The NRA is simply a civil rights organization committed to the defense of the 2nd Amendment and constitutional liberty.

From what I've seen of the media coverage of the Florida tragedy, CNN doesn't believe in the 1st Amendment anymore than it does in the 2nd. The hostility directed at the NRA with cries of "burn her", would have pleased the most zealous and ignorant witch hunter. Witches don't exist. Scapegoats are created for political purposes and the exploitation of pain for power. Nero blamed Christians for the burning of Rome; Puritans blamed witches for the death of livestock, liberals blame the NRA for crimes its members don't commit. Hysteria is created by demagogues, and the media is the modern manifestation of the witch hunter.

You are very much mistaken if you think the anti-gun people may be compromised with. They don't want to ban the AR15. They want to START, banning AR15's as a "weapon of war" that no civilian should own. Such a description, so often repeated would legally jeopardize the very arms used by the N-SSA, which competes with the once highly lethal "weapons of war" used in the mid 19th century. Don't think for a moment that your antique and reproduction arms will be exempted by the gun grabbers.

My Long Land Musket, 1853 Enfield collection, Sniders, 1903 Springfields, M1Garands, were all once weapons of war. The AR15 by contrast never was, and yet to the ignorant and gun hating opposition it is the firearms equivalent of "The Black Death"

NRA members are the rationalists in a time of ignorance and uncontrolled emotionalism. Like Leonidas and the 300 Spartans we stand for freedom in opposition to the ignorance, weakness and hysteria of our political foes. All gun owners had best present a unified phalanx against our foes who seek to divide and conquer. They will take our guns before they can take our freedom, and once we have lost our freedom we will lose our souls to a system that seeks to make people dependent upon corrosive liberal ideology.

John Holland
02-26-2018, 03:42 PM
To All -

As a Bulletin Board Moderator I have been advised that many people feel this topic has run its course of meaningful discussion. Therefore, I have been instructed to close it. Thank you for your understanding.

John Holland