PDA

View Full Version : FS - Older Reference Books

Artilleryman
02-05-2018, 10:22 AM
I am still purging my collection of unneeded/duplicate items. The other day I came across three older reference books which I no longer use for reference. These books are all in very good condition. These books are invaluable for general research purposes.

1) - Springfield Shoulder Arms - 1795 to 1865 by Claud Fuller. Early reference work published in the early 1930s. Dated but invaluable source for information on early shoulder arms. Fuller later published several other works including an excellent treatise on the Rifle-Musket. $40.00

2) - Accoutrement Plates - North and South - 1861 to 1865 by William G Gavin. Published in 1975, by the Dean of Civil War accoutrement plates. Good general work which became the basis for later works on the subject. Signed by the author. $35.00

3) - Civil War Reenactors Encyclopedia by William C Davis. Published in 2002. Excellent study of how to be a reenactor. Chapters include how to source a variety of items, pitfalls and invaluable recommendations. Like new condition with DJ. $30.00

4) - Weapons of the Civil War by Ian Hogg. Published in 1987. Good general work on the subject. Meant for beginning collectors, researchers and historians. Like new with DJ. $15.00

I have just started to list books from my extensive library. This includes books and manuals from the Spanish-American War, World Wars I and II.

Terms - Above prices include shipping. First person to contact me by either comment or Personal Message gets the item. Payment by PayPal (preferred - use Friends and Family so there is no fee. Please supply your shipping address. If you do not use Friends and Family- add 5% to above prices); Money Orders or Personal Checks. I will combine items to save on shipping and adjust prices accordingly. Pictures available upon request.Questions, picture requests, comments and PayPal payments to my email address:

warfaremil1952@yahoo.com

Thanks for looking

Dave St John
Artilleryman