PDA

View Full Version : For sale: .50-70 trapdoor barrel

Gray Ghost
01-03-2018, 05:50 PM
I bought this barrel 40 plus years ago. It was a rifle barrel that had been bent near the muzzle. I cut it to 22 inches and used it to make a hybrid .50-70 trapdoor. The receiver and barrel have been plum browned. The finish was gray and mottled. There is no damage to them and the surfaces are smooth. The bore has some light pitting in some spots but the rifling is strong. I soft soldered a front sight to the barrel without altering the barrel in anyway. The breach block was left as is. It is complete with all parts and works smoothly. The eagle and date are sharp. The rear sight is the complete original model 1868 sight. Asking 200.00, shipping included for the Continental U.S. If truly interested PM email or phone info. and I will send photos.

SOLD PENDING FUNDS

Des
01-03-2018, 08:58 PM
Can you send some pictures? Haven't heard from you in a while. Faster if you send directly to me in email

desbetty@cox.net

Thanks

Des

Gray Ghost
01-04-2018, 08:18 AM
Hey Des, Good to hear from you. The photos have been emailed to you.

Gray Ghost
01-15-2018, 10:57 AM
Price Reduced

hawkeye54
01-15-2018, 11:50 PM
I am very interested in purchasing the .50-70 trapdoor barrelled action, as I have most all of the other parts to build a carbine. I will gladly pay you the $200, either by bank check or personal check, whichever you prefer. I live in Montana and traveled to Wisconsin a few years ago and shot with the ACWSA, but have never been further East. Please email me with your payment information and I will get back to you. Thank you.

Dick Hanson
djdhanson@gmail.com

Gray Ghost
01-17-2018, 09:30 AM
Sold to Mr. Hanson