PDA

View Full Version : 1862 police revolver

matt
03-09-2010, 05:26 PM
hi all,
looking to find out who is the maker of the approved navy arms 1862 36cal police revolver? and does it have to be marked by navy arms to be used in a skirmish or will just being from that manufacturer suffice?
matt
winslows battery 9775

Joe 3rd N C Art 2440V
03-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Pieta. I think Mfg is enough.

John Holland
03-11-2010, 09:06 AM
Matt,

I apologize for the delay in answering your question on the Navy Arms marked Colt 1862 Police Revolver. I have been going through the SAC Archives to find a definitive answer for you. I was not successful, which is why there is no "Manufacturer" listed for the revolver, only the importer which is Navy Arms. If your revolver is marked "Navy Arms", it is automatically approved.

If you, or anyone else, has an example of the revolver in question marked "Navy Arms", please help me to verify the actual manufacturer. I will then add that information to the "Production Approved Arms List."

Matt, thank you for the PM. I hesitate to use the answer given to you by Navy Arms, because it was an "either or" answer and not definitive.

So, if anyone has a Colt 1862 Police Revolver marked "Navy Arms", dig it out and let me know who the actual manufacturer is!

John Holland
Chairman, SAC

matt
03-11-2010, 09:46 AM
mr holland,
ty for the time and effort in trying to get an answer for me and for all the great work you do for the n-ssa. ill just have to wait and see if uberti pops up on any ones 62 police pistols. as im not competitive in revolver i was just going to shoot it in indies and add a different weapon to the line i wouldnt care if i scored anything just to have some fun with something different. maybe i use my 51 navy and scare the backstop.
matt
winslows battery 9775v
no one has to beat winslows in musket we do it ourselves.

Ron/The Old Reb
03-12-2010, 08:53 AM
John
I have a 1862 Police revolver marked Navy Arms. It has A Uberti stamped on the left side of the frame. It has AF on the right side indicating that it was manufactured in 1980.
Hope this helps you out.

matt
03-12-2010, 09:25 AM
ty ron
for taking the time to try to get an answer to this. id really like to play with this at the nats in indies but only if we can confirm that it is approved. with my luck with out getting clarification first id shoot id great score only to be dq'd for a non approved weapon. not that the great score is likely to happen but that is the way my luck runs lol.
matt
winslow's battery 9775v
no one has to beat winslow's in musket we do it to ourselves

Ken Hansgen, 11094
03-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Matt, If I were you, I'd bring it along with ammo., show it to the SAC before shooting the targets (they will probably approve), then shoot, and have fun!

John Holland
03-12-2010, 11:00 AM
Ron -

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the information on your Navy Arms Colt 1862 Police Revolver. I had suspected that Uberti would turn out to be the manufacturer. I will make the necessary additions to the Approved Arms List, which will be reposted on the N-SSA's website at a later date.

Thanks again,
John Holland
Chmn., SAC

matt
03-12-2010, 01:56 PM
ty to all
now that there is clarification just to be different im going to shoot it in the indies during oct as i dont get a chance to go to the may. the people of this assoc are great, great friends, family and great in knowledge i am truly honored to be a part of the n-ssa.
matt
winslow's battery 9775v
no one has to beat winslow's in musket because we do it to ourselves

WV SCROUNGER
03-19-2010, 07:53 AM
Only one of my 62's is stamped Navy arms....it is slo stamped UBERTI
on the frame.
My other '62 has no marking other than the date code ...but I know for sure it is an Uberti....

Green

Southron Sr.
03-26-2010, 12:36 PM
What would be fun would be to see an "Open Top Revolver Class" Individuals adopted for some Regional Skirmishes.

Not only would this "OT Class" raise some additional money for the host team, but would encourage Skirmishers to dig out those old Colt Repros out and shoot them in a skirmish!