PDA

View Full Version : Gettysburg Area NSSA Member to Fire Live Rounds

44thIndiana
02-27-2010, 06:56 PM
I was a Civil War reenactor for a number of years but left the hobby and sold off everything. I never fired any live rounds and would like to find out what it is like. I am looking for an NSSA member in the Gettysburg area who would not mind letting me join them when they practice and let me fire some rounds. Would prefer to shoot an 1861/1863 Springfield or 1853 Enfield.

02-28-2010, 10:42 AM
I'm in the Bethlehem area. Not exactly Gettysburg, but if you don't get a reply closer I'd be happy to bring you to the range up here and sling some lead.

Jim Brake 3587
02-28-2010, 10:48 AM
I live very close to our Nat. Range and I would be happy to supply you with a weapon and safety instructions as my guest. Our range is about 2 hrs. south of Gettysburg. We're usually shooting each weekend and some week days. I have both a 1861 Springfield and Enfield 1856 that you are welcome to try....J.B.

glisenti
02-28-2010, 12:34 PM
44th Indiana,

The Delaware Blues has two members who live in Gettysburg. If you are interested in making contact with them, email me at: glisenti@hotmail.com

Tom Barker
Delaware Blues

Dave Booz
02-28-2010, 02:20 PM
I live just outside of Gettysburg. If you want to practice PM me and we will set up a meeting. Our team has 8 people in this area and we would be happy to take you to a local range. Also, on March 27 at Fort Shenandoah we will have a Recruiting Skirmish for anyone who is interested. It will start at 9:30 am and non-members, under the supervision of N-SSA members, will be able to fire all of the shoulder weapons that we use in competition. We will also have cannon and mortar demonstrations. This recruiting skirmish is sponsored by the Chesapeake Region for the benefit of the N-SSA. This is free to anyone who attends. I hope to hear from you. Thanks. Dave Booz

William H. Shuey
02-28-2010, 11:24 PM
Here is two people to try:

Earl J. Coates: f1maine@yahoo.com

or
Dave Booz: dtbooz@yahoo.com