PDA

View Full Version : electronic powder measures....

William H. Shuey
10-05-2017, 04:31 PM
Hi Troops:

I have an RCBS electronic powder measure that I have been using for some years and it has served me well. Suddenly it will no longer hold it's calibration settings. I guess even solid state components can deteriorate with age and allow settings to drift so maybe it's time to invest in a new unit.

Has anyone else out there in skirmish land had a similar experience???

Bill Shuey
1st Maine Hvy. Art.

Jim Wimbish, 10395
10-05-2017, 04:48 PM
Bill,

I'm on my fourth powder scale. I have never used a powder measure. I use Lee dippers and an electronic scale. All of them use a load cell which eventually fails. Consider them a disposable item. I am on my fourth powder measure. The Hornady works pretty well for me.

Gary Van Kauwenbergh, 101
10-06-2017, 09:13 AM
I have both RCBS and Pact electronic scales, and had a similar problem with one, but can't remember which. I did send it back to the manufacturer to have it rebuilt for far less than the replacement price.

There is a procedure to go through if you're getting error messages. See page 7 of http://rcbs.com/RCBS/media/RCBSMedia/PDFs/Instructions/English%20(EN)/PowderProDigitalScaleInstructions.pdf . Your procedure may vary. See http://rcbs.com/Resources/Product-Instructions.aspx for downloadable instructions for all the RCBS scales.

Muley Gil
10-07-2017, 07:57 AM
I have had excellent results with RCBS customer service. Give them a call.

Rob FreemanWBR
10-09-2017, 01:14 PM
I have had excellent results with RCBS customer service. Give them a call.

Id like to suggest - that IF you consider working with RCBS in arranging an exchange to instead offer RCBS to exchange your electronic scale measure for their slightly lower costing manual scale.

A rep at RCBS let slip over the phone that they were (at the time) dealing with digital scales that were sold with faulty parts... I went through two in less that two years. The second crapped out less than 10 days before a National. With my loads based on weight NOT volume, I had to have a powder scale fast. Being lower in cost, the second rep agreed and I got my new/trusty RCBS manual powder scale within days. I’ve been happy and problem free ever since.