PDA

View Full Version : Artillery Books For Sale

sgttater
02-14-2010, 12:37 PM
I have the following books for sale, all together for one money of $55, including shipping anywhere east of the Mississip:

1. Artillery Drill, by R. Snowden Andrews, Lieutenant Colonel and (Chief of Division Artillery for Lieutenant-General Stonewall Jackson), 1863. Hardbound reprint. Excellent condition with very nice black and tan traditional binding.

2. Instruction for Field Artillery Prepared by a Board of Artillery Officers Consisting of Captains French, Barry and Hunt, to which is Added The Evolution of Batteries translated from the French, as adopted by the War Department, 1864 (illustrated). Hardbound reprint. Very good condition, but with a few pages of yellow highlighting of drill sections. Red traditional binding with gold lettering and cover scene of horse artillery piece underway at the gallop.

3. The Confederate Field Manual for the Use of Officers on Ordinance Duty, with Photographic Supplement, 1862. Hardbound reprint. Excellent condition with yellow modern binding containing charcoal drawing of factory.

4. The Handbook for the Service of the United States (Army and Militia) with the Manual of Heavy Artillery, Including That of the New Iron Carriage by Joseph Roberts, Major 4th Ret Art, USA, and Colonel 3rd Penn. Art., 5th Edition, 1863. Softbound reprint, good condition but showing creases from use.

You can send me a pm, or for faster response, contact me directly at nothvajim@aol.com

Jim ("Tater") Carr
13th Confederate

sherifmd
02-14-2010, 06:40 PM
PM sent

sgttater
02-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Books are sold subject to funds. Thanks to all who contacted me.

Jim Carr