PDA

View Full Version : Hats, Brogans, and a Pack for Sale

Jim Wimbish, 10395
09-01-2017, 10:23 AM
A teammate of mine has gotten out of skirmishing and I am selling some of his gear since I will be coming to the Fort and can deliver it there. If you are willing to pay shipping on any of the hats or the shoes, I have boxes and and will ship for an additional fee. All of the items listed have pictures on the Photobucket link below.

1. Charcoal grey artillery kepi, size 7 1/4. This hat has been used but is in very good condition. $20.
2. Grey kepi, size 7 1/2. Lining of the hat looks nearly new. $20.
3 Yellow cavalry kepi size 7 1/4, made by Dirty Billy. Hat is in very good condition and has only been lightly worn. $50. Dirty Billy hats go for $140 new, so this one and the other Dirty Billy hats listed are a real bargain and high quality.
4. SOLD Brown CSA Kepi size 7 1/4. I purchased this hat at the Remembrance Day Ball in Gettysburg a couple of years ago and it has never been worn since a friend gave me a Dirty Billy one just like it right after I bought it. $35.
5. Sold, pending funds Brown civilian hat by Dirty Billy, size 7 1/4. I have a black one just like it and don't need two. I believe these hats are made of Nutria, a South American rodent like a beaver. They make a good hat! $50 for it.
6. Sold, pending funds Gray Confederate wide brim hat made by Dirty Billy in 7 1/4. You'll be ready for your role in Gods and and Generals in this one, boys. $35.
7.SOLD Tall, wide brimmed straw hat in medium (7 1/4). I have several other straw hats and don't need this one which is like new. $15.
8. Union Bummers cap with First Maine Heavy Artillery insignia in 7 1/4. Has Servant & Co. of Gettysburg label inside. Lightly used and in great shape. $25. I can remove insignia easily and it can be used by any Union soldier
9. Sold, pending funds Size 8 1/2 brogans. These are in great shape with heavy soles and metal heel horseshoes. I already have a pair in this size. These are well made and look nearly new inside and out, but they have clearly been walked in a little. Asking $65.
10. Skirmish back pack. These were hand made of tarred leather over a wooden frame by a skirmisher a few years ago. They have compartments for ammo (see pictures). The leather straps look new, so it hasn't been used much if at all $75.

Feel free to make offers on any of these items. I am trying to sell them.

I will be at the Potomac and Nationals if you are interested in purchasing any of these items.

Email me if you have questions: jsw235 at comcast.net.

Here is the link to the pictures: http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/Jim_Wimbish/slideshow/Hats%20and%20Clothing

Michael Bodner
09-01-2017, 02:08 PM
Jim,

I'll take the Brown Kepi in 7 1/4 ($25) Photo #6, and the Tall Straw hat for $15 (photo # 10).

No need to ship them - We can get together at Nationals. I can be found either in the Information booth or via voice or text (I'll send via private email).

Thanks!

-Bootsie

Jim Wimbish, 10395
09-01-2017, 02:21 PM
Mike,

Brown Kepi is $35, not $25. If that is OK I will set the kepi and the straw hat aside for you. I got your PM with phone number.

Michael Bodner
09-01-2017, 04:59 PM
Jim,

As discussed, it was my fat-fingers that entered the incorrect number. $35 it is for the kepi...

Thanks!

-Mike

Jim Wimbish, 10395
09-04-2017, 01:04 PM
Three kepis and a bummers cap are still available. Also, the skirmish back pack.

Make an offer if you are interested in any of these!