PDA

View Full Version : Need help 1853 armi-sport enfield

dennyntx
08-17-2017, 11:02 PM
My hammer is only falling to half cock position when I pull the trigger if i pull the whole lock out and hit trigger manually it will fall all the way put it back in only half way anyone have any idea what I could try thanks.

bobanderson
08-18-2017, 04:28 AM
Your trigger pull is too light, allowing the half cock notch to catch the sear. When that happened to me, it was a broken sear spring in my Parker Hale. You need to increase the trigger pull by deepening/reshaping the sear notch or take down the half cock notch.

Or a combination of both.

Charlie Hahn
08-18-2017, 09:12 AM
If your lock has been hand worked it will be difficult to make the surfaces mate. You might want to consider having the surfaces machine cut to get you back to a workable condition.

Charlie Hahn

John Holland
08-18-2017, 09:27 AM
If you continue to "snap" the lock out of the arm, with no positive stop for the hammer other than the tumbler hitting the bridle, I will guarantee you that you will break the bridle screws.

MR. GADGET
08-18-2017, 09:50 AM
Just something to check....

The sear tips have been known to break off and are too short to clear when the trigger is pulled.
We had a batch or 2 bands and 3 bands in my old team that all had sears broke. Several looked and thought the tumblers needed to be re cut or relaced yet it turned to be the sear.

The way the harden the parts is not great and just the tip breaks off clean.
With this change in length it hits the half cock.

Check the sear based on a new or known sear.

Maillemaker
08-18-2017, 12:15 PM
Yup, I had sear problems with a Euroarms Enfield. I replaced the tumbler and sear with machined parts, I believe from Lodgewood.

Steve

dennyntx
08-18-2017, 01:09 PM
Yup, I had sear problems with a Euroarms Enfield. I replaced the tumbler and sear with machined parts, I believe from Lodgewood.

Steve

Do I have to use armi sport parts or will other 1853 enfield parts fit

Maillemaker
08-18-2017, 02:24 PM
For me, the parts drop-fit into my Euroarms. I'd call Lodgewood and ask about your Armisport.

Steve