PDA

View Full Version : slave cuffs

buicksp39
07-29-2017, 10:59 AM
I have 2 pair of slave cuffs I do not know if they are original or reproduction. I think they are old reproduction but I don't know they are marked property of Georgetown County Plantation Police on one side, negro woman or child only on the other, I think they are well done and would make a nice piece for display. Both have keys one pair works but locking screw needs work the other pair needs work on the locking screw and there is no locking teeth on one side. I am asking $100 dollars per pair plus $7 shipping or I can bring them to the nationals for pictures call 724 679 1619

RaiderANV
07-29-2017, 01:12 PM
How are the markings applied to the cuffs? Brass plate or stamped in metal?
where do you get them?

buicksp39
07-29-2017, 02:31 PM
they are from a trade I made a few days ago so I do not know anything else about them the tags are brass and appear to be soldered on

RaiderANV
07-29-2017, 04:40 PM
Brass tags soldered on......reproduction for sure. To make and attach a brass tag back then would have coat more then the cuffs. Pictures would be helpful

Phillip Kearny
07-29-2017, 06:59 PM
Reminders like these sorta make you proud you participated as a UNION team.

Don Branch 12592
07-29-2017, 07:27 PM

Because we all know slavery didn't exist in the North, and slavery was the only reason for the war...:rolleyes:

Phillip Kearny
07-29-2017, 07:48 PM
Don,
Slavery or no slavery, no man should own another.

Eggman
07-29-2017, 07:53 PM
This post is a bit confusing, Who is "you" and what "Union team " are you referring to? Is it possible you're having a conversation with yourself? Or perhaps you have a turd in your pocket?

RaiderANV
07-29-2017, 07:57 PM
Phillip,,,,,it was a different time and a different mindset. Don't stir the chit pot unless you plan to lick the spoon.

Phillip Kearny
07-29-2017, 08:01 PM
Egg, for you, it's very obvious in the capacity of your rants on this board where the turd lies.
Phil

Don Branch 12592
07-29-2017, 08:03 PM
Don,
Slavery or no slavery, no man should own another.

Never said one should...

buicksp39
07-29-2017, 09:15 PM
The civil war was fought over states rights, yes one of the rights was slavery but there were other factors. What most don't understand is slavery would have ended within 5 years without the war. Also only a very small percentage of the people in the south owned slaves. What a lot don't know is we had and have is slaves today in many big cities but it's called indentured servitude. Nice name but still the same thing. Why all the name calling? If your not interested just move on

John Holland
07-29-2017, 09:56 PM
OK folks, please take time to reacquaint yourselves with the rules of this Bulletin Board.

Ron The Old Reb
07-30-2017, 10:30 AM
"Because we all know slavery didn't exist in the North,
Slavery did exist in the north. I live in northeast Pa. There was a family in Montoursville that owned slaves about sixty miles from where I live. It was not wide spread but it did exist.

Don Branch 12592
07-30-2017, 02:33 PM
"Because we all know slavery didn't exist in the North,"

Wrong! Slavery did exist in the north. I live in northeast Pa. There was a family in Montoursville that owned slaves about sixty miles from where I live. I was not wide spread but it did exist.

Ron, perhaps you didn't realize the statement was sarcastic.... Of course there were slaves in the north, and the war was certainly about more then slavery.

Ron The Old Reb
07-30-2017, 05:28 PM
Don
I did't mean my statement to be sarcastic and I am sorry that you took it that way and for that I apologize.

Don Branch 12592
07-30-2017, 08:08 PM
Don
I did't mean my statement to be sarcastic and I am sorry that you took it that way and for that I apologize.

Ron, no offense taken at all , and no need to apologize. I was saying My statement: "Because we all know slavery didn't exist in the North" was meant to be sarcastic. I agree with you that slavery did exist in the North as well.

Don

MR. GADGET
07-30-2017, 09:04 PM
Egg, for you, it's very obvious in the capacity of your rants on this board where the turd lies.
Phil

Someone has a case of butt hurt. .......