PDA

View Full Version : Pedersoli Lorenze announcement!

Maillemaker
07-14-2017, 06:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsIOTicLSZ8

Pedersoli is announcing the availability of their Lorenz rifle.

Steve

MR. GADGET
07-14-2017, 06:12 PM
Looks nice.
I talked to them several times about a H&P smoothbore. .....

Hope they do that next. Maybe we need to send more requests for it.

R. McAuley 3014V
07-14-2017, 08:45 PM
I wrote to them about making a .577 Whitworth but they weren't in making any guns that there were only a handful of originals made. They are more interested in sales volume. That may be one reason why they decided to make the Metford patent rifle that George Gibbs built even though they didn't bother to reproduce the original .451, 5-groove 1:20 Metford patented rifling in their replica Gibbs.

Ron The Old Reb
07-18-2017, 08:20 AM
Anyone have an idea what Pedersoli is asking for the 1854 Lorenze musket. I looked it up on their web sight, had a lot of pictures and a video but no price. That usually means hold on to your wallet.

Curt
07-18-2017, 01:30 PM
Hallo!

I have not seen anything recently.

Last I saw was a "MSP" of $1800. I would predict a range then of $1600-$1800.

Curt

Ron The Old Reb
07-19-2017, 08:22 AM
Thanks Curt
I figured it would be pricey. I can scratch it off my wish list. When a company is reluctant to show their price it usually means big bucks. If I'm going to sink sixteen hundred to eighteen hundred dollars into a new rifle it's going to be more then a musket.

Tom Magno, 9269V
07-19-2017, 09:36 AM
Just as point of reference for anyone considering this rifle, he says in the video that it is 13.9mm caliber and 2000mm twist, which equates to .547 (groove) and 1-78.7" twist. He does not state his groove depth, so just for 'figuring' sake, if his grooves are .004, then a nominal bore would be ~.539 for planning purposes when deciding on a bullet mould.

Maillemaker
07-19-2017, 10:00 AM
The days of cheap specialty firearms are largely over. The only reason the Italian prices are as low as they are was probably because of the cheaper labor. But Italy isn't a third-world country, and these manufacturing facilities are modern facilities.

Colt is re-issuing a semi-automatic M16A1 shortly (was supposed to be last month). Expected price is about $2200. You can build yourself a decent clone for half of that. But that is what modern manufacturing of specialty firearms is going to cost you these days.

Even the Indian/Pakistan musket-shaped objects are going for $500.

Steve

Ron The Old Reb
07-19-2017, 03:00 PM
"nominal bore would be ~.539 for planning purposes when deciding on a bullet mould."

I have a Lorenz Jajerschutzen so I all ready have the compression bullet mold for it. I just would like to have the musket to go with it. Every thing cost these days. Every week you go to the grocery store things are higher then the week before. Thanks to our Twenty Trillion dollar debt that nobody in our government seems to care about. It won't be long and we'll be burning are money just to keep warm.