PDA

View Full Version : WTB a Cyber-Campfire

RangerFrog
01-31-2010, 08:22 AM
Since there is no General Topics section available anymore on this, the officially sponsored Forum for N-SSA, I would like to purchase time somewhere where I can go and ask questions about the goings-on of N-SSA... in the past I have "come here" to ask membership questions, questions about the arrival of the next Skirmish Line, questions about various activities at the Nationals and other skirmishes and so on and so on. Since the banner of this Forum is now pretty much incorrect, and there is no "Cyber-Campfire" here where we can sit around and warm our cyber feet while getting cyber information and spitting into the cyber flames, I need to buy a new place. Will trade some old worn out jokes as well as humbly held opinions if cash is not sufficient. :?:

Charlie Shaeff, aka RangerFrog
Member #12345
First Valley Rangers

PS Will topics like the one Tim posted to let us know about the flooding at the fort be available anywhere?

Eric A. Savickas, 08663V
01-31-2010, 08:31 AM
I wonder what happened to the regional section, also.

Scott Kurki, 12475
01-31-2010, 09:36 AM
READ: Forum Changes - Per Board of Directors Vote 1-30-10
Per the Board of Directors vote today, January 30, 2010, the following boards have been removed from the N-SSA forums:

- Members Only
- General
- Long Range Planning
- All Region boards

***If you have questions about this change, please contact your Regional Commander. ***

Please do *not* ask the forum administrators, we were not in the vote and do not have any information to give on this.-------------------------------------------------------
Vicky Rowe
N-SSA Forum Administrator
Rowan Artillery
http://www.rowanartillery.com

Apparently we did not get a vote either.... dang this is a shock.... did this come from Obama, Pelosi, or Reid? This is an unfortunate change.

Francis J. Miller Jr, 02601
01-31-2010, 10:58 AM
I too wonder what happened? I looked to those sections for information that was quite valuable. This web site was just upgraded, and done very well at that, now it's being dismantled. Why? The message says to contact your regional commander, I have done so, but won't hear anything until later in the week, do to them being at the National Board Meeting being held in Reston, VA. this weekend.

Ken Hansgen, 11094
01-31-2010, 12:06 PM
Shouldn't this thread be in the "Lest We Forget" section instead? Gone, but not forgotten. Granted, it's also something that's wanted.

Ken Hansgen, 11094
01-31-2010, 12:19 PM
And what does that vote tally of "1-30-10" mean, anyway? Surely, not 1 for, 30 against, and 10 abstensions???

RangerFrog
01-31-2010, 12:29 PM
DISCLAIMER: I am not trying to stir up a stink or start a fight here, I genuinely want to know how I can "stay in touch" as I did on the General Topics Forum where I was a frequent poster. I have received one e-mail from a member who suggested an alternate board, which seems strange since this is the official board of N-SSA, and another from my Regional Commander who I will be calling this afternoon as he suggested. I didn't know I had a dog in this fight, since I no longer even own a dog and didn't realize there was a fight, so I will apologize to any of the powers that be and "go through channels" to find out what is going on and what, if anything, can be done to salvage the loss of the most active part of this forum. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! 8)

Froggie

PS To KH: Would "1-30-10" be the date, as in, "as of January 30, 2010?"

Vicky Rowe, 11773
01-31-2010, 12:49 PM
Guys, the change was made per the Board of Directors. Please don't make my job harder here, ok? I'm just a volunteer trying to help out by donating server space and my time to keep things up and running.

Froggie, thanks for your input, and your comments about going to your Regional Commander, as that is what should be done.

I'm locking this topic, as it does not conform to the Wanted/For Sale guidelines. I would appreciate it if you would take this to your Regional Commanders, as requested in the post regarding the forum changes.