PDA

View Full Version : Wanted --- Weisz 3-Band Barrel

BADSHOT
06-23-2017, 02:12 PM
I'm posting this for Harry Waugh who currently is having trouble posting-

Harry is looking for a Weisz Barrel 40" long, either a three band Springfield 1863 or 1861 Barrel, he will take either. If you have one, you can call Harry direct at 315-592-4901 or PM me, and I will get your info to him.

Thank you very much!

hwaugh
06-23-2017, 05:33 PM
Anyone have contact info for Tom Nixon? Thanks Steve for posting...I can reply but can't post.

Harry Waugh - 3731 - Terry's Texas Ranger

Rob FreemanWBR
06-24-2017, 05:47 PM
Harry,

i see see that your on the bulletin board now.

I have what you're looking for.

Please email me ( rdfreeman1906@gmail.com )

2kycav
06-25-2017, 08:50 PM
Anyone have contact info for Tom Nixon? Thanks Steve for posting...I can reply but can't post.

Harry Waugh - 3731 - Terry's Texas Ranger

contact info removed by request

2kycav
06-26-2017, 01:58 PM
removed by request

hwaugh
06-27-2017, 06:59 AM
Thanks to all who assisted me in finding a barrel. Barrel found.

Harry Waugh - 3731 - Terry's Texas Rangers

Southron Sr.
07-01-2017, 05:51 PM
Well, you can get a "Brand New" Weisz Barrel from Danny Whitacrer as he owns the original Weisz barrel rifling machinery. Over the years he has re-built and improved it, and that is what he makes his barrels on. The rifling machine is a modified World War II Pratt & Whitney "double headed" rifling machine that Mr. Weisz used in the 1950's to make his famous Weisz barrels. Having owned several original Weisz barrels and also some of the barrels Danny makes on that machine, I can tell you the Whitacre barrel is the better product.

http://www.whitacresmachineshop.com/

Kevin Tinny
07-01-2017, 06:38 PM
Hello:

While at Winchester this past May, Tom Nixon, who seems very aware, told me that Weisz barrels were actually made on that rifler with integrally hammer-forged breeches by Weisz's engineer partner, Don Rogers, at one time in Springfield, Ohio. Don had a hammer forge to do this unique work. My understanding is that Weisz never cut the barrels, but did own the rifling machine to which Don Rogers fitted the 72" twist attachment.

In later years I knew that Hoppy Hopkins in Tampa, Fl had the machine and then Dan acquired it. Dan confirmed the Hoppy Hopkins aspect to me in May.

Dan's reputation is tops.

Respectfully,
Kevin Tinny
42 NY