PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 SCALE REPRODUCTION BRITISH NAVAL CANNON 2" bore 4140 Cromoly

Johnny65
06-22-2017, 08:20 PM
So, I'm trying to find the right market for my cannon.It is 30" OAL with a 2" bore.It was machined from a solid bar of 4140 with trunnions inset and tig welded.
It is particularly nice and was produced to-spec from measurements of an original.
Feel free to call with questions.I have more pictures upon request.Can freight it or you may pick up in Pueblo, Co.
Asking $2500 or trade plus cash.Interested in all kinds of neat things.Feel free to make offers.
John Adams 719-744-9465

C.W. Artillery
06-24-2017, 06:39 AM
24 June 2017

Good morning Mr. John Adams --

I am very impressed with your offering of one excellent reproduction of a half scale British Naval cannon which is particularly well executed and offered at a most reasonable purchase price. I, myself, am not in a position to do your naval gun justice. However, if you will allow me, may I make a suggestion out of friendliness towards another cannoneer ?

Might I suggest that you place a small visual advertisement in the classified section of the Artilleryman Magazine at a nominal cost?
Their web address is < www.artillerymanmagazine.com > There certainly is a market back East for such a wonderful piece as you have in your possession, particularly in and around the tidewaters of Annapolis, Maryland area, including the the District of Columbia. What immediately comes to mind would be an inquire delivered to the National Park Service, at the Department of the Interior.

Please let me know should you wish to receive further information.

HeyWebb@gmail.com

C.W. Artillery
06-27-2017, 06:21 AM
Please let me know should you wish to receive further information.

HeyWebb@gmail.com

27 June 2017

It was nice to hear from you John ---

I feel certain that you will be successful in transferring your extremely nice cannon tube to an appreciative new owner soon. I also wanted to mention that I have family members and business contacts in the U.K. who may wish to be aware of your offering. The recognized difficulty being that of exporting such an armament outside of the United States. There would be protracted licensing tasks associated with exporting and shipping approvals.

Best regards,

Webb