PDA

View Full Version : NSSA Rifles/Carbines and Misc items of Former Member on Auction

rwilson4746
06-13-2017, 01:12 PM
Please forgive me, I am not a competing NSSA Member, and you will quickly note, I've only registered an account to make this posting (hopefully not violating any procedures).

My Father shot for the First Florida Cavalry from the Early 80's through the Early 2000's. He passed away in January. I wish I had a better way to respectfully sell items he accumulated during is days of competition. The family has chosen to sell these items, among other assets of his estate through an auction company, local to his life long home in Western Pennsylvania. I'd love to know that all of these items were sold to an NSSA member, than a neighbor who just thinks Civil War things are interesting.

We are listing 5 Rifles/Carbines, reloading molds, reloading equipment, cleaning supplies, and uniform parts.

I know some of you may be within a reasonable geographic range of his home where the Auction will be held (Ruffs Dale, PA). The Auction is what is called an "Online Auction", meaning you can only bid/pay online for each item. You would be able to inspect items in person on an inspection day. Then, if you win an item you can pick it up on the Pick Up day.

I explained the unique characteristics of these rifles/carbines (e.g. not hunting rifles) to our Auctioneer. I thought these rifles/carbines would be of more interest to an NSSA member than anyone else. The Auctioneer said said he would help coordinate shipping (at the buyer's expense and preferred shipping) should you choose to bid and win.

I'd certainly help answer questions about any of my Father's items, should you want more information than the Auction site provided. (extra pictures, etc.)

The auction can be found at this site:

http://reedsauctionco.hibid.com/catalog/104531/wilson-estate-sale/

The auction is already open for bidding, the preview day will be on 6/23 (so if you wanted to personally inspect anything). The auction will close (take final bids) on 6/25. Items would be picked up on 6/27.

Again, I am not a solicitor of any type. I respect the NSSA significantly, so I hope I am not offending anyone by posting here. The NSSA was my Father's passion for 30 years.

Thank you for any interest.

Sincerely,

Randy Wilson