PDA

View Full Version : Ballard Civilian Carbine for Sale

Jim Wimbish, 10395
06-01-2017, 03:56 PM
I have for sale a Ballard Sporting Rifle made by R.Ball & Co. around the end of the Civil War. It has a 24 inch octagonal barrel and has a serial number of 17904. The last 3 digits are marked on the block, so all numbers match, Markings are all easily legible. Gun was originally a Model 32, but it has been relined and chambered for 44 Special. It has just recently been converted to centerfire and I have put 20 rounds through it to test it out. It shoots fine, but I have not worked up a load for it yet. The receiver is drilled and tapped for a tang sight and screws are flush into the receiver. I pulled one out and it is a standard thread. Without much effort, you could add a tang sight to the gun. It comes with dovetailed front and rear sights. As the gun exists right now, it would not be approvable for NSSA shooting, but it has had a trigger job and holds like a dream with the curved butt plate. I have checked into what would have to be done to the gun to make it approvable and I was told that you would have to replace the front and rear stocks, add swivels and turn down part of the barrel. I really didn't want to turn down the barrel because of how well the gun feels now, so I went ahead and bought another Ballard rifle this Spring. I have decided to keep that one and sell this one. The gun is in beautiful condition with the original finish fading on the receiver and the barrel to gray. The lever is unbroken and there are beautiful case colors on the block which you can see in the photos that are on Photobucket. I am asking $1,100 for this gun. Drop me a PM if you are interested. Here is the link for the pictures: http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/Jim_Wimbish/slideshow/Ballard%20Civilan%20Model%20Rifle

Jim Wimbish, 10395
06-07-2017, 07:39 PM
Price reduced to $1,100. Will have at Cockade if you want to see it.