PDA

View Full Version : Sharps & Hankins Rear Sight

bvh
05-25-2017, 09:19 PM
Just bought a Sharps & Hankins 1862 navy. Needs a rear sight.

Does anyone have drawings That can be used to make one from scratch? detailed closeups or one i can take measurements from? I am in the baltimore area.

Of course would also consider buying one but they are like trying to find hens teeth...

thanks, bob

ms3635v
05-26-2017, 08:54 AM
Try S&S Firearms or Lodgewood Firearms. They would be the best place to start.

John Holland
05-26-2017, 10:24 AM
To the best of my knowledge there are no reproduction S&H rear sights being made. I know of two of them having been made by a machinist some 10+ years ago on a custom order. At that time he charged $250 apiece, and said he didn't want to make any more. I have also been watching for a S&H rear sight for quite some time and have yet to even see one offered. I spoke to Rich Cross about making some a while back, he said he didn't really want to do it. Good Luck on your quest!

R Filbert
05-29-2017, 09:52 AM
Just bought a Sharps & Hankins 1862 navy. Needs a rear sight.

Does anyone have drawings That can be used to make one from scratch? detailed closeups or one i can take measurements from? I am in the baltimore area.

Of course would also consider buying one but they are like trying to find hens teeth...

thanks, bob There is a rear sight that U are lookin for on E bay at 249.

R Filbert
05-29-2017, 09:55 AM
The sight picture u have is just like the one on Ebay has a buy now price on it better take advantage of it. Will PM you