PDA

View Full Version : Must sell .. Origl Mississippi, Ballard, Wesson parts

Bruce Cobb 1723V
05-14-2017, 09:57 AM
All original H F Mississippi with rifling, early model. $1350. Parts, Rare US Gov't MM marked Ballard receiver and block. Receiver has had the barrel thds removed but no cracks.... I sure it can be fixed. Nice Brown receiver with plug, no block, has an extra hole added. Parts are $600 each. See me at Yecks starting Wednesday afternoon. Cash please..

Phil Spaugy, 3475V
05-14-2017, 02:12 PM
Bruce. Check your PM.

jonk
05-15-2017, 12:14 AM
You mentioned wesson parts. Which parts? I am still on the look out for a hammer.

C.W. Artillery
05-15-2017, 06:00 AM
15 May 2017

Good morning Bruce --- I hope you are well and finding buyers for your offered parts. Should you happen to have Maynard parts, either original or reproduction, I would like to purchase them from you. As I recall, you offered an assemblance of Mr. Yeck's reproduction Maynard parts last year. If you have any in that category which you would care to dispose of, please let me know.

Have a good trip to Winchester.

Regards,

Webb Brown

< heywebb@gmail.com >

Bruce Cobb 1723V
05-15-2017, 11:59 AM
Webb, Think you got them confused with Mikes Smith Carbine....

C.W. Artillery
05-15-2017, 08:52 PM
15 May 2017

Thank you Bruce. As you have said, I did have the two repro carbines confused on the point of who made each of the two. I used to shoot the Navy Arms Co. Italian Smith after Bobby H. remanufactured the barrel for me.

I have only seen one repro Maynard carbine and it was hanging on the wall in the Regimental Quartermaster's Shop in Gettysburg and, of course, it didn't approach that of Massachusetts Arms Company original version. I believe the producer was a small company named Harper's Ferry something or other.

I do apologize for my error and thank you profusely for correcting me. I do hope your journey to and from Winchester is a safe and pleasant one.

Regards,

Webb

Dheisey#7003
05-16-2017, 09:51 AM
I believe the Repro Maynard that Regimental Quartermaster has for sale is one of the Ramshorn carbines. They were made by the late John Stuart. I have one of the last ones he made. Some were shooters some were reenactor firearms. Mine shoots well.

Bruce Cobb 1723V
05-17-2017, 06:53 AM
Open at noon today