PDA

View Full Version : Reese Trailer Hitch For Sale

C.W. Artillery
05-12-2017, 04:43 PM
Reese Trailer Hitch--Weight Distribution

12 May 2017

Offering for sale one Reese Trailer Hitch with delivery to the buyer at Spring Nations 2017. The hitch is of the weight distribution configuration, is rated Class III, for towing up to 12,000 lbs. trailer weight and 1,200 lbs. tongue weight. Check out Reese part number 66022 for a visual of this style hitch. If you are towing this size trailer, a weight distribution hitch makes a substantial advantage.

This is the "Pro Series" trunnion bar weight distribution that Reese lists at $543.00, plus the Shank listed at $113.00 or a total of $656.00 total list price without shipping. The hitch has been used, but maintained and fully serviceable.

I am interested in recouping a part of my original purchase price, and therefore, open to receiving reasonable offers.

Webb

HeyWebb@gmail.com

C.W. Artillery
05-16-2017, 09:21 AM
16 May 2017

If you have ever towed a heavy artillery piece on a trailer and / or towed a sizable travel trailer; and in doing so, have experienced trailer weave/sway at highway speeds (example; up and down I-81 to or from Winchester) you may be interested in solving those problems with the tow hitch offered here at a price of 50% off of the Reese advertised price.

One of the features of this trailer hitch is, it has a build in "anti-sway" ball for mounting a hydraulic cylinder type shock absorber to dampen side to side sway of the trailer. The shank which comes with the hitch allows for height adjustment to set the tow ball at the correct height in order to have the trailer completely level with the ground. We've all seen trailers being hauled over the road with a tow ball too high or too low and the trailer angled up or down to meet the tow ball. That is an unsafe way to tow a trailer, but people do it that way because their tow ball is not height adjustable. This offered tow hitch is the proper way to correct that stated problem.

The price is negotiable and all offers will be given consideration. Free delivery provided to the buyer at Fort Shenandoah, Virginia, on either Saturday or Sunday , 20 or 21 May 2017. If you would care to trade, I am interested in anything which is period correct Maynard, such as action parts, barrels, stocks, from Massachusetts Arms Co. or Colt, Second Generation, marked Hartford.

Discussions to < HeyWebb@gmail.com >

Webb Brown

First Maine H. A. ( retired )