PDA

View Full Version : Plastic tubes

gemmer
04-29-2017, 11:30 AM
I've tried several types of charge tubes over the years and they all tend to have powder grains stick to them. How do I cure that?

Thanks in advance.

P.Altland
04-29-2017, 12:44 PM
I've tried several types of charge tubes over the years and they all tend to have powder grains stick to them. How do I cure that?

Thanks in advance.
Don't wash them. Just wipe the outside to remove dirt and left over lube.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

gemmer
04-29-2017, 12:54 PM
Don't wash them. Just wipe the outside to remove dirt and left over lube.

Actually the do it clean, right out of the box.

P.Altland
04-29-2017, 03:53 PM
Actually the do it clean, right out of the box.
I think they all do when new. Plastic and rubber hold static.

Hambone
04-29-2017, 04:07 PM
Wash them with a little fabric softener or dry them with an anti static fabric sheet like Bounce and it will remove the static.

Gary Van Kauwenbergh, 101
04-29-2017, 04:10 PM
I throw my empties into a zipper-top mesh hosiery bag at the range. When I get home, I just throw that in the washing machine with my dirty rags, and let them air dry.

edrutecki
04-29-2017, 06:08 PM
I throw my empties into a zipper-top mesh hosiery bag at the range. When I get home, I just throw that in the washing machine with my dirty rags, and let them air dry.

I do the same, but after they dry I put them in a large Ziploc with a couple squirts of talcum powder. Close it up and shake until everything is covered inside and out with a fine dust. No power will stick in the tube. I also dip the nose of the bullet in powdered mica that I get from Midway. If I don't fumble finger it, everything I put in the tube, goes down the barrel.

gemmer
04-30-2017, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the replies.

William H. Shuey
04-30-2017, 03:38 PM
I do the same, but after they dry I put them in a large Ziploc with a couple squirts of talcum powder. Close it up and shake until everything is covered inside and out with a fine dust. No power will stick in the tube. I also dip the nose of the bullet in powdered mica that I get from Midway. If I don't fumble finger it, everything I put in the tube, goes down the barrel.

Bill Shuey

Rob FreemanWBR
05-02-2017, 08:42 AM
Throw 'em in a large plastic Folgers coffee can (preferably empty of coffee grounds).

A dose of Dawn, hot water, mix all with the dirty tubes in said container and allow to sit overnight.

Rinse toughly with clean water, and allow plenty of time to dry.

From my experiences, clean tubes don't "retain" powder charges. BUT residue lube around the mouth of the tube may catch some powder as it's poured out.

During the winter season, for detailed cleaning - I run my tubes thru my Tumblers Tumber with steel media (Dawn, cold water, tubes, media - for 30 - 45 minutes). Does a GREAT job of cleaning the plastic tubes, especially on their insides, where old lube can build up and resist basic cleaning with only Dawn.

pastore
05-02-2017, 09:32 AM
Mesh laundry bag, washing machine gentle cycle warm water. dump on towel and allow to air dry.

toot
05-15-2017, 12:48 PM
I use the little cloths that your wife uses in the dryer to collect the lint and stop static. put them in a bag with one and shake.