PDA

View Full Version : --- Artillery Vent Pick ---

C.W. Artillery
04-17-2017, 11:41 AM
17 April 2017

TO: Bob Brewer , Gaithersburg, MD

Bob, I have just learner that you are searching for a reliable source in connection with your need for an artillery vent pick. Do you happen to subscribe to the ArtilleryMan magazine. There are several ( plus ), well respected, knowledgeable, and talented men who may be in a position to provide your needs.

I would offer;

Paulson Bros. Ordnance Corp.
Clear Lake, Wi.
phone, 715 - 263 - 3300

and

Trail Rock Ordnance
Blaine, Tenn.
phone, 865 - 932 - 1200

You will find the current edition of the Artilleryman magazine on their web site; < www.Artillerymanmagazine.com >

I'm in D. C. during the week at 202 - 734 - 1613

Webb

P.S. Once you get to the magazine's web site, click on the heading "Advertisers" and you will find at least 3 or more folks who may help you .

rbrewer
04-24-2017, 06:46 PM
Thank you so much for the very courteous/ detailed reply.
I'll certainly keep it in mind, currently I made one out of 3/16 " brass rod, if for any reason it doesn't work out, I'll pursue the source's you suggested.
Best Regards!!
Bob Brewer

C.W. Artillery
04-25-2017, 07:30 AM
25 April 2017

Good morning Bob:

I noticed that you are a Marylander living in Montgomery County. I'm interested in knowing if you are currently involved with historical artillery pieces and, if so, whether you are a re-enactor of historical events or perhaps a collector. As you undoubtedly know, there were artillery fortifications erected around the perimeter of the District of Columbia at the outbreak of the Civil War.

When I was a member at N-SSA I was with the First Maine Heavy Artillery and we competed in live fire events using our Three Inch Ordnance Rifle reproduction. There is so much C.W. artillery history in our area from D. C. up to Gettysburg and and along the Potomac River.

Have you ever considered joining a N-SSA artillery unit ? I'm just curious about what your artillery interests are.

Regards,

Webb Brown

First Maine H. A. (retired)

rbrewer
04-25-2017, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the input
I've got a detailed map of the CW D.C. forts, I can send by e mail
I belong to a unit that does nps artillery demo's, and would like to live fire, but have a full plate schedule wise but appreciate the offer,
let me know if you'd like the map.
Best Regards
Bob Brewer

C.W. Artillery
04-26-2017, 06:32 AM
26 April 2017

Thank you Bob for your suggested map offer. I do have some comprehensive research information on the locations of the numerous D. C. defenses. I commute to downtown D.C. to my office using Route 50 on the East side, which becomes New York Avenue. Every time I pass the Fort Lincoln area I cringe at the construction that has taken over in the area of Abe's name sake fort, i.e., Lowe's, apartments, town houses, etc.

If you have the map as a PDF file, I would enjoy having a copy. My old N-SSA team, First Maine Heavy Artillery, was positioned along the Potomac River fort site (1863-65), which ultimately became a very nice residential neighborhood, and still is a desired location in D. C.

For transmission of the map file, please send to < Warren.E.Brown@Trademark-Copyright-Law.org >

Thanks again Bob for your map offer. P.S. I have a good friend who was with the N.P.S. and worked at Ford's Theater and across the street.

Best regards,

Webb

C.W. Artillery
05-06-2017, 06:44 AM
For transmission of the map file, please send to < Warren.E.Brown@Trademark-Copyright-Law.org >

06 May 2017

Thank you, Bob, for sending the really great map. I really appreciate receiving it and it is much better than I expected. I hope I am able to return the favor.

Best regards,

Webb

rbrewer
05-15-2017, 08:52 PM
My pleasure, glad someone could enjoy it.
A shame Fort Marcy is famous for all the wrong reasons, I've been to about a dozen of the forts/ locations.
Best Regards
Bob Brewer
Gaithersburg,MD