PDA

View Full Version : WTB .678 round ball mold

lkmcd1
04-16-2017, 10:18 AM
I just bought an Armi sport 1842 smoothbore and am trying to find a mold. If you have a mold sitting around and would like to sell it, please let me know. From what I have read, .678 is the best size, but I would consider something slightly larger. I have looked at several vendors on line, nobody appears to have a new one in stock and custom orders take up to a month .... so I am in a pinch!
Thanks
Larry

Please send me an email at lkmmail@aol.com

RaiderANV
04-16-2017, 10:25 AM
Larry.......while .678 works "best" in the smoothies of those flow that have made posts doesn't mean it will in your 1842. I'd find somene in yer regional that has plug guages and find my exact bore dia. then proceed from there. Your barrel may be a good bit off from the others posting. Will save you possie wasted time from buying the wrong mold.

gemmer
04-16-2017, 10:28 AM
A lot of Armi '42s have oversize bores.

mike lynch 4731
04-16-2017, 12:49 PM
I have a new 678 mold for sale
Sent you a private message with details
Mike Lynch 17 th VaInf

lkmcd1
04-16-2017, 06:52 PM
Thanks for mentioning the variation in bores, I hadn't taken that into consideration. As soon as the gun arrives I will check the bore.
Mike, I'll take it thanks. Also sent a private massage to you.

bobanderson
04-16-2017, 08:20 PM
I'd find somene in yer regional that has plug guages and find my exact bore dia. then proceed from there. Your barrel may be a good bit off from the others posting. Will save you possie wasted time from buying the wrong mold.

Larry,
I've got plug gages for the Smoothbore sizes. If you're coming to the team practice, I can bring them.

Let me know.

lkmcd1
04-17-2017, 06:40 AM
Bob
Thanks for the offer! If I can't get a good reading on the bore size, I'll let you know prior to the team practice if I need your help with the gages.
Larry