PDA

View Full Version : WTS: Euuroarms m1861 with Trenton Lock (1863)

MarkTK36thIL
04-10-2017, 05:48 PM
I talked to John H. of the SAC, and he gave his blessing.

I am listing a John Zimmerman reworked m1861 Springfield Rifle Musket. John narrowed the forestock and reshaped it to match original specs, and blued the rear sight like the originals. I bought it just like this in 2011 or 2012; unfired and still with the cosmoline. I took it to Gettysburg in 2013, fired the first round, and put it away.

A year or two later, I wanted to be different and had Novelty Ordnance put a complete and original 1863 Trenton lock into the stock. To have a better fit, the lock had metal added to it on the portion that the bolster lays on top of. My earlier mistake was saying the bolster was altered; which is not NSSA legal. I was able to examine it closely, and found that the lock was altered, not the bolster, so it is NSSA legal... pending a SAC card approval. If you do not fancy Trenton, it might be possible to drop another lock into place, but I would do it in person for a sure fit, or to do some handy work yourself.

I've listed it in a couple places, but shoot me a message here for additional pictures if you'd like. I would be interested in performing some sort of a Hall bayonet trade.

$815 shipped CONUS

Thanks,
Mark

MarkTK36thIL
05-02-2017, 05:30 PM
Additional information is that it is an Armisport and not a Euroarms.

MarkTK36thIL
05-15-2017, 11:30 AM
On hold, pending payment.