PDA

View Full Version : DoD DEMIL Program?

Gary Van Kauwenbergh, 101
04-09-2017, 09:09 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the Department of Defenses Demilitarization Program? Apparently, there's been an effort to locate military relics and make them non-firing. At risk is a Civil War government-owned cannon barrel, that a local reenacting unit restored, put on a carriage, and takes to reenactments. Over the winter, the owners took the barrel off the carriage and sent it to the de-milling facility. The re-enacting unit has events scheduled for a firing cannon, and just heard about the barrel. I'm looking for some recommendations.

RaiderANV
04-09-2017, 02:51 PM
I'ma lil confused. It's a "Civil War government-owned cannon barrel".....then later it's stated "Over the winter, the owners took the barrel off the carriage and sent it to the de-milling facility."

so the government agency that had rights to it set it to be de-milled?

in any case I'd get ahold of whoever actually had rights to it and ask for a copy of the paperwork that instructed them to de-mill the barrel THEN contact whoever sent the original letter and ask them for the info ye seek. Thinking from the horses mouth might be the best route? OK....so when dealing with the government the info will most likely come from the other end of the horse.

C.W. Artillery
04-12-2017, 07:11 PM
expiredxxxx

C.W. Artillery
04-13-2017, 06:52 AM
expiredxxxx

C.W. Artillery
04-14-2017, 06:33 AM
expiredxxx

C.W. Artillery
04-14-2017, 07:08 AM
expiredxxx