PDA

View Full Version : Fs: Orig P-53 Type II Enfield

Rob FreemanWBR
03-07-2017, 11:07 AM
SOLD: original, Contract Type II Pattern 53 by Parker Field & Sons.

FULL DISCLOSURE - The front sight is not original. It appears to have been added for the purpose of skirmishing. I have no idea as to her performance as a completion arm. She's part of my late father's collection where it's been stored & maintained in a climate controlled environment for +40 years.

Stock is in great shape - no cracks, gouges, chips, or any signs of abuse/neglect. No cartouches are visible.
Bore is in very nice condition. Outside of barrel, on top, near breach shows what appears to be "933" of an address in London.

Ram rod IS original - correct pattern, fits properly in the channel, and is in GREAT condition.

Bottom of barrel shows the following stamps/marks: "W. Millwood", "Field", "J.W." and a crown. Bottom breech of barrel and bottom of tang/breech plug have matching "serial numbers" - "49". Inside of lock is stamped: "G 12 W"

Asking to cover cost of recently added original ram rod, original nipple, etc; I am willing to entertain serious offers. Buyer pays all shipping/handling/insurance; or arrangements can be made to hand off at the Fort.

Photos are below for your review and consideration. I'd be happy to provide interested parties with additional/different photos if desired.

Feel free to email (rdfreeman1906@gmail.com) or PM.

Many thanks in advance for your time and consideration!

spadegrip
02-21-2018, 09:56 PM
Is this still available?

Rob FreemanWBR
03-12-2018, 06:42 PM
Sorry, but this piece is not for sale. Maybe this is an “echo” from the recent server work??

Regret any confusion!