PDA

View Full Version : WTB - 1851 36 Caliber Navy Colt for a project

bobanderson
03-06-2017, 04:45 PM
I've acquired a replacement cylinder and recoil shield assembly to convert a small frame Colt cap and ball revolver into a 22. My plans for the project include relining the barrel to 22 as well.

I'm looking for a beater replica Navy Colt or for that matter, just the parts. I don't need a cylinder, and barrel condition (inside) is not a non-issue.

Back when percussion revolvers were converted to cartridge, some gunsmiths also had a ejector rod assembly that took the place of the loading lever. If you have one of those laying around, I might be interested.

Let me know what you might have to advance this project and either post it here or send me a PM.

Thanks.

bobanderson
03-07-2017, 09:32 AM
I've acquired a replacement cylinder and recoil shield assembly to convert a small frame Colt cap and ball revolver into a 22. My plans for the project include relining the barrel to 22 as well.

I'm looking for a beater replica Navy Colt or for that matter, just the parts. I don't need a cylinder, and barrel condition (inside) is not a non-issue.

Back when percussion revolvers were converted to cartridge, some gunsmiths also had a ejector rod assembly that took the place of the loading lever. If you have one of those laying around, I might be interested.

Let me know what you might have to advance this project and either post it here or send me a PM.

Thanks.

Well, I just found out that the cylinder I have fits a 44 Colt, not a 36. I guess that might be easier to find in the long run. If you have a beater 44, please let me know.

Thanks.