PDA

View Full Version : 1855 2 Band For Sale

Jim Cunningham
02-04-2017, 09:13 PM
I'm a former skirmisher and active shooter. I purchased a 2 band Harpers Ferry from David Disher two years ago, and won several offhand matches with it. It has a Weisz barrel, and is a remarkably accurate shooter. It shoots a single hole at 50 yards, and a 3" group at 100. I've taken several deer with it, and have used it to teach youngsters how to shoot. I'm a very active and competitive centerfire shooter, looking to make some safe room. The musket features a mixture of original and reproduction parts. It features a very nice black walnut stock, with average inletting, but excellent Cross long range sights, with the typical high skirmish front sight. Email me at Jimscabinets@frontiernet.net for pictures. $795.00
Sold pending receipt of funds

Timmeu
02-05-2017, 12:03 PM
I will take it! Send me the info to get it paid for!

RaiderANV
02-05-2017, 05:27 PM
I emailed him and PM'd within minutes of his posting and no response yet.

Rob FreemanWBR
02-05-2017, 06:27 PM
Got photos late in the a.m.

Nice piece for completion.

I "waved off" however, as my blushing bride would be less than pleased if I were to add to my collection...

Ron/The Old Reb
02-06-2017, 07:32 AM
Rob
Do Like I used to do. By her a nice pair of earrings or necklace. and she will forgive you. It may cost you a couple of bucks more but it's worth it.:rolleyes:

Mike McDaniel
02-06-2017, 12:04 PM
There are advantages to being single. :D

Rob FreemanWBR
02-06-2017, 12:39 PM
I'm WAY past "Bingo", as such at this point it's "cheaper to keep 'er"

Besides, she's grown accustomed to buying herself her own jewelry, anniversary, Bday and Xmas gifts... This arrangement saves me LOTS of time that I can then devote to more meaningful and enjoyable endeavors, such as casting bullets or killing brain cells; plus momma is happy.

After all these years, should I attempt to venture out on my own and get the old ball-and-chain a "gift" - well, can you say "lead balloon"...

Hal
02-06-2017, 12:40 PM
My wife and I have to take turns buying guns. She likes 'em as much as I do. Bad thing is, her tastes are more expensive than mine. Right now she has a hankering for an original Richmond or Fayetteville. That's gotta wait until we win the Lotto.