PDA

View Full Version : Garrett 1863 sharpa carbine for sale - Maynard tube question

Dan Mastin
12-31-2016, 04:09 PM
About a year ago I bought a sadly neglected Garrett sharps carbine. Since getting it I've had the Hahn breachblock conversion done, some trigger work, taller front sight installed, and the outside cleaned up a bit. The wood is still pretty nice but the metal is a bit ugly. There is pitting inside the barrel near the chamber and near the muzzle.
I have a new two cavity moose mold, cleaning rod, 250 of Charlies tubes (1.2 size), and the grease and o rings Charlie recommended. I also found 3 of the missing pellet primer pieces to replace ones that were missing. In short, I have everything necessary to sight this gun in............ except the interest in doing it. If anyone is interested I would be willing to sell it for $1000 + shipping (about what I have in it), or trade for item(s) of equal value. When he was doing the breachblock I talked to Charlie about replacing or sleeving the barrel but said he'd wait as he's seen worse barrels shoot quite well.

On a different topic, 40 plus years ago I bought a bunch of nickle plated brass Maynard tubes. On the bottom they are stamped, as near as I can make out, U P Wirt 53012. If anyone has any of these tucked away I would be interested in buying them.

you can respond to my email zouave47@aol.com

Happy New Year

Dan Mastin
11th Indiana